• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your first comic?

311 posts in this topic

I was very lucky with my first comics:

My very first comics were Amazing Spider-Man 257 + Secret Wars 3, 4 and 5. (I still love that cover with Hulk holding up the mountain) I loved these Secret Wars comics cause they had these pages that named all the characters, so you could learn who was who.

My first X-Men comic was #211 (Mutant Mass)

My first Hulk comic was #340 (vs. Wolverine)

I don't remember which issue was first but I started collecting GI Joe comics too.

I was very lucky with my first comics:

My very first comics were Amazing Spider-Man 257 + Secret Wars 3, 4 and 5. (I still love that cover with Hulk holding up the mountain) I loved these Secret Wars comics cause they had these pages that named all the characters, so you could learn who was who.

My first X-Men comic was #211 (Mutant Mass)

My first Hulk comic was #340 (vs. Wolverine)

I don't remember which issue was first but I started collecting GI Joe comics too.

All of those comics were bought at my local grocery store too. I used to sit in the aisle while my mom shopped and read comics. (Something parents wouldn't do anymore.)

Buying comics from the magazine rack in a grocery store made my first trip to a comic book store incredible a few years later, since I already had a love for comics. Kid in a candy store! (Captain Blue Hen Comics in Delaware was my 1st LCS)

I think my 1st comic was Wolverine's solo series (88) #1 when he was patch.I remember seeing it and thinking "Man, look at this guy with claws standing a top a hill of dead bodies!!This dude is kick !!"I was hooked ever since.

First was an issue of Turok in the mid 60's.First book that I bought with my own money off the stands was ASM 58.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

All Star 13 (the space cover). ALso got a Mutt & Jeff 5 + two others at the same time. (I was home recovering from a minor accident.) The All Star did it.

No, all those comics and the ones I collected between 1942 and 1950 are gone. But, starting in 1983, I have been working on a DC collection.

All Star 13 (the space cover). ALso got a Mutt & Jeff 5 + two others at the same time. (I was home recovering from a minor accident.) The All Star did it.

No, all those comics and the ones I collected between 1942 and 1950 are gone. But, starting in 1983, I have been working on a DC collection.

Hi Jerome:

Welcome to the Boards :applause: I know you have a lot to contribute here (thumbs u

Steve

My very first comic was Hot Wheels #1, out of a 25 cent back issue box:

hotwheels1toth_giordano.gif

I loved hot wheels cars, had a ton of them, so reading a comic about them seemed cool. But the story didn't really appeal to me all that much, and I never bought another Hot Wheels comic again. I instead branched out into both superheroes and horror books... JLA, Superman, Brave and the Bold, Weird War, Witching Hour, Ghosts, etc. Before too long, 1 story really grabbed my attention and turned me from a casual reader buying whatever looked cool to an avid collector... this book (not my issue, just pulled from the web):

starro.jpg

The art and story were great, and the cliffhanger ending had me eagerly awaiting the resolution the following month. And the rest is history...