• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2017 at 7:44 PM, vodou said:

I'm not aware of anybody doing this before, but I'm sure it's been done. Probably by somebody that collects that also owns/works for a frame shop or otherwise has an 'in' to reduce the cost of all those 'cuts'. Anyway, I'd really recommend against this. You will end up with, and (you or your heirs will) eventually recycle back into the hobby, one very strangely aged panel page. Just think on that for a bit first...

I agree. Many years ago, I had a convention sketch framed. When I recently took it out of the frame, you can see where the yellowing occurred.

Any pictures from the collective of framed pencils and inks on separate boards?  I purchased such a page and am weighing options for framing.  The leader in the clubhouse right now is to frame them both and have the published page in the middle.  Would make for a large framed piece in total, but I think would look nice.  

1 hour ago, Andahaion said:

Any pictures from the collective of framed pencils and inks on separate boards?  I purchased such a page and am weighing options for framing.  The leader in the clubhouse right now is to frame them both and have the published page in the middle.  Would make for a large framed piece in total, but I think would look nice.  

If you have to frame everything together (not a fan of that) then I prefer the tall presentation to the wide:

Related image

Somebody on CAF (can't remember his name) had a game room that was wall to wall comic cover art on top and comic on the bottom...it was really nice. In your case, I'd suggest a double-window with the inks on top and pencils below, no published page. (Triple is getting very tall if nothing else!) Ultimately it's up to you. The point being...when you do a few this way, they hang better together tall than wide. IMO ;)

On 12/28/2017 at 8:29 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

Adding to my daughters' already stellar collection of OA... a Merry Christmas indeed. Assembled from a couple eBay auctions which were from different SDCC years, so there is a slight paper color difference between the Bats (2016) and Joker/Harley (2017). 

IMG_4966.jpg

Love em, was looking at a couple of those myself, congrats and well presented 

2 hours ago, Doc Joe said:

Love em, was looking at a couple of those myself, congrats and well presented 

Thought I'd share the wall shot too. Stuck between two Perez pieces (cover to Archive edition and Wonder Girl pin-up), with a Zach Howard TMNT on the far wall. And the desk has the Fabok Batman and a Sienkiewicz Raven. 

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

15 hours ago, Andahaion said:

Its all personal and depends on room. For me - I love having art up - dont need the published comic taking up wall space that could be used by more art.  If you dont have many pieces, and have the space, all 3 is nice too.