• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Hi!

I just created this portable print display table.  I used a piece of scrap plate glass and found pallet wood.

There are the intersecting notched  table legs, and the free top.  So, three pieces.

The print lays across the horizontal cross pieces, and the glass is placed on top.

Thanks for checking this out!

Best, David S. Albright

table1.jpg

table2.jpg

Edited by aokartman
clarify

On 11/02/2018 at 4:20 PM, williamhlawson said:

Oliver REED!  He haunts me.  That guy was in a lot of movies.  He was in a knight movie I saw when I was younger (BlackArrow?) and GOR!  I once lost a $500 trivia contest LITERALLY due to not knowing 'Name the actor who died during the filming of Gladiator, on location in Italy, drinking at a bar.'  lol  But seriously, sharp framing job.

Great frame job for sure!

2 hours ago, jabats said:

My new “Wall of Cho”:

5FB973EA-4219-480A-8D00-8F9674F617C5.jpeg

Looks fantastic! huge congrats. Cho is a super talent and these look great framed. its interesting to see the various sizes.

personally I don't think you need the comics there -but that's just me. now all you need is 40 more cho covers and you are temporarily caught up.

5 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Looks fantastic! huge congrats. Cho is a super talent and these look great framed. its interesting to see the various sizes.

personally I don't think you need the comics there -but that's just me. now all you need is 40 more cho covers and you are temporarily caught up.

It looked too classy without the comics up there... I had to put em up for the pic :)

17 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

Transformers: The Movie #1, Cover

Signed by Don Perlin (breakdowns?)...

Inking credits, Ian Akin & Brian Garvey

20180424_155759.jpg

Uh-MAZING. That hits me RIGHT in the nostalgia, man. I loved the actual movie so much, I remember hunting forever to find the movie adaptation. I read that thing until it was in tatters. That cover is burned into my mind. Wow wow wow, I know there have been some pretty impressive pieces on these boards, but on a strictly nostalgic personal level, this may be the best thing I've ever seen on here. Congrats!

After researching some of the characters featured on this cover, I suspect for several of them that it is their FIRST APPEARANCE...

Combined with TRANSFORMERS NOSTALGIA, COVER status, & FIRST APPEARANCES, this piece is a personal favorite in the collection...

17 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

Transformers: The Movie #1, Cover

Signed by Don Perlin (breakdowns?)...

Inking credits, Ian Akin & Brian Garvey

20180424_155759.jpg

holy cow!  this should always be up on someone's wall!  What a classic from my childhood.

2 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

After researching some of the characters featured on this cover, I suspect for several of them that it is their FIRST APPEARANCE...

Combined with TRANSFORMERS NOSTALGIA, COVER status, & FIRST APPEARANCES, this piece is a personal favorite in the collection...

No research needed here for the characters, I could name them all in my sleep! I always loved the cover because it was evocative of the (truly awesome) movie poster, while being its own unique thing.

Is there a story behind how/where you found the cover??

MPW-49963.jpg

Edited by F For Fake

38 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

No research needed here for the characters, I could name them all in my sleep! I always loved the cover because it was evocative of the (truly awesome) movie poster, while being its own unique thing.

Is there a story behind how/where you found the cover??

MPW-49963.jpg

Story time...

Anthony Snyder drives to & from SDCC each year & on his return trip this past July, he stopped in San Antonio, TX for a one day pop-up show.

Although he would also stop in Houston, TX the very next day, I was not willing to wait & risk losing the opportunity to be first in line because he always has 'new' comics & original art for sale. And, San Antonio is home to many 'serious' original comic art collectors. I suspected that they too would make an appearance just in case Anthony had something 'worth' buying...

So, I loaded up the car with two CGC comic boxes full of graded books, stopped at the ATM & left at dawn...

I was so early to the pop-up show that the art/comic displays were barely halfway up, & the only other person already flipping through art portfolios was Sam De La Rosa!...yes, the Inker!

A 'classic' several hour long negotiation ensued, where we were both repeatedly "way off" & "not even close", I even left to run an errand & later returned to eventually hear, "let's flip for it"...there would be no flip...

In the end, a deal was made. I can't hardly wait to see what Anthony has for sale this summer...

On 4/25/2018 at 10:56 AM, First Upgrade said:

Damn what an amazing find. You just gave all us kids of the 80s a guy shot. Thrilled to see it but sad it’s gobbled up. Enjoy. Wow

Edited by dirtymartini1