• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Did you find an old frame that fit? Or is it a new frame ?  Personally I have avoided gold frames for a while - but it seems to suit this piece well.

I’m cursed to have my shop next door to a custom frame and photography studio. Too easy to spend time comparing mats and frame combos. This frame was special order 2” wide. My cost was $150

I'm in the process of getting a load of OA framed and matted, but here are my favorites so far - Detective 524 page that includes the second appearance of Jason Todd (and the first time we get his name). I've been looking for a Buscema Wolverine page for a looooong time, and I was very happy to win this page in last month's Heritage auction. Finally, the first-ever appearance of Kaine (definitely my favorite character to come out of the Clone Saga). Thanks!

tec524.jpg

wolvie13.jpg

wsm119.jpg

On 8/16/2018 at 8:41 PM, The Mad Irishman said:

I'm in the process of getting a load of OA framed and matted, but here are my favorites so far - Detective 524 page that includes the second appearance of Jason Todd (and the first time we get his name). I've been looking for a Buscema Wolverine page for a looooong time, and I was very happy to win this page in last month's Heritage auction. Finally, the first-ever appearance of Kaine (definitely my favorite character to come out of the Clone Saga). Thanks!

tec524.jpg

wolvie13.jpg

wsm119.jpg

Just curious why you picked the yellow border. Does it pick up something in the room?

3 hours ago, Andahaion said:

Here is my attempt to add some context to my framed art. Interested in any feedback...

8AD0F2C6-4062-4F45-92B7-64B357C9C2F6.jpeg

For me this would be a no go.

No question it’s well done and professionally, but why put the page number and such on a tag ?

That page is incredible and would shine all by itself.

Just my two cents.

15 minutes ago, wurstisart said:

For me this would be a no go.

No question it’s well done and professionally, but why put the page number and such on a tag ?

That page is incredible and would shine all by itself.

Just my two cents.

I would probably not opt to have the description for my personal taste as well. On the flip side, it does add nice context to someone looking at the piece and wondering where it comes from and might generate more interest for a non comic/art collector. I think it is done well and has a good eye appeal. 

1 minute ago, JadeGiant said:

I would probably not opt to have the description for my personal taste as well. On the flip side, it does add nice context to someone looking at the piece and wondering where it comes from and might generate more interest for a non comic/art collector. I think it is done well and has a good eye appeal. 

No problem, it was done to my taste (which will vary for many here).  But, yes, it's about the addition of context and for quick reference to the details.  And, Grant Morrison's writing in this issue stuck with me since first reading it, hence the inclusion of the quote at the bottom.  I consider this one of my favorite Batman moments and the excerpt, albeit in brief and somewhat abstracted from the art in this example, is very meaningful to the overall context of the page.  I suppose it is an effort to marry the art and writing in a way to better convey the moment.

My original idea was to have the letterer for the issue create something in its place, but he denied my request.

2 hours ago, Andahaion said:

No problem, it was done to my taste (which will vary for many here).  But, yes, it's about the addition of context and for quick reference to the details.  And, Grant Morrison's writing in this issue stuck with me since first reading it, hence the inclusion of the quote at the bottom.  I consider this one of my favorite Batman moments and the excerpt, albeit in brief and somewhat abstracted from the art in this example, is very meaningful to the overall context of the page.  I suppose it is an effort to marry the art and writing in a way to better convey the moment.

My original idea was to have the letterer for the issue create something in its place, but he denied my request.

Cool idea with the letterer.

Context is great.

3 hours ago, Andahaion said:

I like it, especially if you're going to display it out and about in the house, gives visitors some context to the discussion piece.

13 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

I like it, especially if you're going to display it out and about in the house, gives visitors some context to the discussion piece.

Yes, just trying to find a good spot. I’m not going to own hoards of OA, just a few choice pieces that I like, so it will all find a home on a wall. And thanks!

Edited by Andahaion
Typo.