• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Hard to get a shot without glare but framed up my Ken Kelly album cover prelim for the Coheed and Cambria album "No World for Tomorrow". The two pieces on either side of it are also Ken Kelly paintings from the album interior! This one was tricky to frame. It is 20x29, and not quite square. It was painted in oil on tracing paper mounted (with only one piece of tape) to foam board. We added the gold fillet to the distressed wood frame to accent the keywork (big triangle symbol) and also to cover a bit of the edges so it wouldn't be obvious the piece wasn't perfectly square. Didn't want to leave it exposed since it was just on tracing paper, so it's framed behind glass. We also added a full spacer around the glass so none of the art touches even though it's a bit "wavy".

IMG_7032.JPG

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

Edited by evanc

41 minutes ago, T Shen said:

Recently took advantage of a sale at Michaels custom framing and got my Chris Stevens oil painting framed. I was extremely paranoid and nervous leaving the art with them but because it was painted on a wood board, I didn't think I'd ever be able to frame it myself. Turned out great and all my worrying was for naught. 

Which brings up the topic, are you guys ever nervous leaving OA with the framers? Any tips?

02.thumb.jpg.b6b08c099cc87a4cd1f17989a00a0460.jpg

I usually give them the dimensions I need and insert the art myself 

19 hours ago, T Shen said:

Recently took advantage of a sale at Michaels custom framing and got my Chris Stevens oil painting framed. I was extremely paranoid and nervous leaving the art with them but because it was painted on a wood board, I didn't think I'd ever be able to frame it myself. Turned out great and all my worrying was for naught. 

Which brings up the topic, are you guys ever nervous leaving OA with the framers? Any tips?

02.thumb.jpg.b6b08c099cc87a4cd1f17989a00a0460.jpg

I love this TC! Looks great and the sale price definitely has me thinking about getting my Stevens painting framed as well. Thanks for sharing!

19 hours ago, T Shen said:

I have them order the materials after measuring my art and then take my art with me. They call me when the materials are in and I make sure it gets done the same day. Once in a while they say the cannot do it that day so I tell them that I will bring it in bright and early on day X and to please have it done that day instead.