• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2019 at 4:19 PM, T Shen said:

Recently took advantage of a sale at Michaels custom framing and got my Chris Stevens oil painting framed. I was extremely paranoid and nervous leaving the art with them but because it was painted on a wood board, I didn't think I'd ever be able to frame it myself. Turned out great and all my worrying was for naught. 

Which brings up the topic, are you guys ever nervous leaving OA with the framers? Any tips?

02.thumb.jpg.b6b08c099cc87a4cd1f17989a00a0460.jpg

I was incredibly nervous the first time... but i had a long talk with the independent shop owner. He's been in town for almost 40 years and he used to live near Joe Kubert's house as a kid and would visit the Kubert home as a boy.  He had the experience in framing and appreciation for OA that made me feel comfortable leaving my babies with him

2 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

My first two framed pieces:

- Batman 494 - Knightfall Page

- Action 686 - Funeral for a Friend Page

Both with acid free mats, Archival Glass and archival corners (thanks to this board for all the tips)

C27DFD2D-07AC-4D81-B244-4E589BACFF59.thumb.jpeg.69a64afe093989223e24b45a3e9ddc5a.jpeg

75CADCFA-D5F6-4BC6-BE24-278E8DC0B929.thumb.jpeg.c266e97f8b3948f9e5ef13ce6168ab12.jpeg

Looking good! Done "correctly" I think as well with the eye drawn to the art immediately without competing with the mats.

23 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

My first two framed pieces:

- Batman 494 - Knightfall Page

- Action 685 - Funeral for a Friend Page

Both with acid free mats, Archival Glass and archival corners (thanks to this board for all the tips)

C27DFD2D-07AC-4D81-B244-4E589BACFF59.thumb.jpeg.69a64afe093989223e24b45a3e9ddc5a.jpeg

75CADCFA-D5F6-4BC6-BE24-278E8DC0B929.thumb.jpeg.c266e97f8b3948f9e5ef13ce6168ab12.jpeg

I feel like joking to say that its overkill - but honestly - its just pure class. very well done!

17 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

I feel like joking to say that its overkill - but honestly - its just pure class. very well done!

Hahahahaha - ya I triple matted them with a foam spacer between the bottom mat and the next two to give it some depth.  It may be a bit overkill - but I have a personal collection to both story lines, so these are keepers in my collection forever, so I thought I may as well spend the little extra to frame the way I wanted it done :)

31 minutes ago, T Shen said:

Beautiful display! I went for a similar approach in my upstairs hallway. Lots of pencil markings and nail holes behind these frames haha.

05.jpg.97cfa494360d44c6b02ce7e97ba4b75f.jpg

I am envious of the wall space you "get" to use. The wife has given me one room to display which happens to be the smallest room in the house, my office. Once the kids are out of the house my dream is to turn the basement into my own private gallery, just a short 10 years away!

40 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

I am envious of the wall space you "get" to use. The wife has given me one room to display which happens to be the smallest room in the house, my office. Once the kids are out of the house my dream is to turn the basement into my own private gallery, just a short 10 years away!

We live in a 3-story patio home (standalone but no yard) so no man-cave or office unfortunately. It took me awhile to talk her into letting me hang my art in the hallway, which actually turned out to be perfect as it gets little to no sunlight and I get to see it many times a day. Basement man-cave has been a dream of mine for a long time as well haha. Good luck!

On 1/16/2019 at 11:19 AM, Bird said:

I have them order the materials after measuring my art and then take my art with me. They call me when the materials are in and I make sure it gets done the same day. Once in a while they say the cannot do it that day so I tell them that I will bring it in bright and early on day X and to please have it done that day instead.

Tried this method this past weekend. They called me when the frame was ready, I went in the next day, and in 10 minutes while I walked around the store they were able to insert the art and I was on my way. Zero anxiety option. Thanks Bird!

On 3/2/2019 at 10:09 AM, First Upgrade said:

Mike Deodato's

Wolverine Origins #28, pgs. 9 & 10

ALL graphite, unsigned

...Here's to 1 year of posting on the boards!!

Wolverine Origins 28 DPS910.jpg

Mike Deodato Wolverine Origins28_Annual2.jpg

Oh my, I've been wondering where this DPS ended up. Absolutely love this and it looks amazing framed.