• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, cstojano said:

You guys are killing me. I sent 4500 Euros to a guy in Paris the day before France locked down. I have several months to wait because he didn't have the piece in Paris. Maybe I am getting ripped off but there is little I can do at this point.

I feel your pain. Mine caught the last boat out

17 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I feel your pain. Mine caught the last boat out

I swear the whole thing seems to have just happened in a snap. One day I am arranging payment, then payment takes the weekend to arrive on the other end, and we go from concern to global pandemic in the span of the weekend. I wasn't glued to the news but I also wasn't head in sand. In retrospect, dumb on my part but it was a piece I had to pry out of the guy's collection so didn't want to stall once the deal was confirmed. At this point it will make a nice Christmas gift for myself.

Edited by cstojano

20 minutes ago, cstojano said:

I swear the whole thing seems to have just happened in a snap. One day I am arranging payment, then payment takes the weekend to arrive on the other end, and we go from concern to global pandemic in the span of the weekend. I wasn't glued to the news but I also wasn't head in sand. In retrospect, dumb on my part but it was a piece I had to pry out of the guy's collection so didn't want to stall once the deal was confirmed. At this point it will make a nice Christmas gift for myself.

As soon as people stop being scared, your piece will come. Never soon enough, but it will come

Y The Last Man Original Cover Art Issue #30 ( YTLM )

In issue 30, you find out how the main character survives the pandemic that killed off all the males.

I had the matting custom made for this special cover.  Turned out great. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1495275

grayghostYcover.jpg

Edited by TheGrayGhost

On 5/25/2020 at 1:13 AM, Primetime said:

Does anyone know if it's recommended to frame original art pages while it is in Mylar? 

I don’t see how it would be physically harmful, but it would add a layer of material between the art and the viewer of the art. It might also slide around a little in the top loader after framing, and tilt.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:13 AM, Primetime said:

Does anyone know if it's recommended to frame original art pages while it is in Mylar? 

My understanding is it’s generally unnecessary, makes framing more complicated, and lowers visual appeal. 

7 hours ago, Dwitkin82 said:

My Stuart Sayger piece finally has it home compliments of Frame It Easy. You can design any frame/matte combo for far less that craft stores. Came out amazing and only enhances Stuart’s beautiful artwork!

09E608BA-7F57-4A88-A0AE-F6C702987C5A.jpeg

Great piece and framing. Will look amazing in your comic room.