• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

This great frame job was a surprise anniversary present from my wife :cloud9:

frame2.jpg

THAT is a killer presentation piece. Absolutely stunning! Your wife deserves a special award! (worship):applause:

Thanks! :)

And yes, she deserves many awards for putting up with me :cloud9:

hey, now that everything is settled about the stat cover thing, can I throw some gasoline on the fire? $7K for a stat? wow! If its for presentation at home, why not just get a good scan of the cover and frame it? I get it that the stat was made by Marvel way back when, and some bullpen guys rubbed rubber cement on the back of the pieces... and wrote notes in the margin. But to call it OA is a looong stretch IMO. Seems to me its all about price vs quality, and for 7K one could buy a lot more original artwork. What this is is is just a "mechanical."... with sentimental added value.

hey, now that everything is settled about the stat cover thing, can I throw some gasoline on the fire? $7K for a stat? wow! If its for presentation at home, why not just get a good scan of the cover and frame it? I get it that the stat was made by Marvel way back when, and some bullpen guys rubbed rubber cement on the back of the pieces... and wrote notes in the margin. But to call it OA is a looong stretch IMO. Seems to me its all about price vs quality, and for 7K one could buy a lot more original artwork. What this is is is just a "mechanical."... with sentimental added value.

My second 'Amen' of the day.

Amen, Aman! (thumbs u

Guest Grails

I don't have a lot of framed art, just a stack of OA in foamcore waiting for that half off day at Michaels. This was my first commissioned piece about two years ago and even though Gene and I never discussed dimensions, he produced this poster sized recreation for me.

IMP.jpg