• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Wow! That's a beaut... DF

For a change of pace, how 'bout a Thimble Theater 'Popeye' dated 9-5-32. This daily predates the spinach eaters first epic encounter with Bluto (as well as the first theatrical Popeye cartoon by nearly a year).

When I had it framed, I allowed space for the title "The Face in the Moonlight" written by Segar in blue pencil below the daily. For some reason, this was the only title that was left out when the dailies were reprinted by Nemo (Fantagraphics?) in the 80s.

A creepy, moody black daily... when I look at it I can't help but be reminded of F. Marion Crawford's 'The Upper Berth.' Enjoy!

2upuy69.jpg

For a change of pace, how 'bout a Thimble Theater 'Popeye' dated 9-5-32. This daily predates the spinach eaters first epic encounter with Bluto (as well as the first theatrical Popeye cartoon by nearly a year).

Beautiful piece - congrats! :golfclap:

This custom framing job was a surprise Valentine's Day present from my amazing wife :cloud9:

The frame still has the cardboard corners on it to protect it until I figure out where we're going to hang it hm

WD7framed.jpg

Finally a long awaited frame job and a second page acquired...

Moon Bunny by Nicholas Gurewitch, PERRY BIBLE FELLOWSHIP

DSC013122.jpg

Sandman Presents: Love Street, Iss. 1, Pgs. 13 & 14 - Michael Zulli

DSC013142.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dan

The only one of the three pieces (that aren't sketches) of OA I have that is framed - Shadowman, pulling victims of Hurricane Katrina to safety. I won this on eBay a couple years back when it was being auctioned off for Katrina relief.

galleryoa600.jpg

(:

-slym

Finally got my second Guy Davis' Sandman Mystery Theatre page today, and I immediately went to work framing it & its sibling.

Here's the first one - a nice, quiet "talky" scene:

msart_smt1.jpg

And the second page where the mr. Dodds is kicking some azz:

msart_smt2.jpg

Total cost in materials was about $25/picture - with everything being acid-free & archival-safe.

More stuff from around the house ...

A page from Sandman Mystery Theatre by Teddy Kristiansen

hanging in my office:

msart_kristiansen.jpg

Small David Mack sketch of Death:

msart_david_mack.jpg

A bunch of small pieces hanging together - from left, a David Petersen (Mouse Guard)

sketch, a signed Dave McKean litho, a signed Mike Dringenberg print, and a gorgeous

Deadman sketch by George Pratt

msart_small_sketches.jpg

The cover to Local #7 by Ryan Kelly

hanging in our living room:

msart_ryan_kelly.jpg