• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Amazing Batman #457 & 465 Breyfogle covers, congrats :applause:

Just got the framed art back today, Museum Glass as usual, guess you could say it's back in black :grin: I'm a great fan of the Ra's al Ghul stories, including the more recent stories by Grant Morrison, art by Tony Daniel:

photo 130820155457_zpsoqyq1wy4.jpg

Front:

photo 130820155461_zps6seenakz.jpg

Published cover:

photo 220620155082_zps9smpggb2.jpg

Finally got around to re-framing this piece. Now it is uniform with my other Star-Lord paintings. This new frame also shows a couple inches more art previously hidden by the old mat.

20150927_1035382_zpseyiiqxuj.jpg

The old glass was conservation as compared to the museum glass I use for my art, but I decided to re-use it and have the frame re-sized with new matting for this piece.

20150927_1543561_zpsfg7boeb8.jpg

Thanks to Lyle (Shadow Images) for doing a great job the pics don't do them justice. He is currently working on My Vampire Tales painting.

You can really see the difference in Museum vs Conservation glass in these pictures.