• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Those look great up on the wall. The painting with the two flying mechs looks really familiar. Was it for one of the Rifts sourcebooks?

Thanks,

All 4 are from Rifts, the one on the end was used in the 1st edition main book and as a cover to Rifter 21.

Olivia and Joel were setup at SV Comic-Con and had this for sale. Olivia did a series of great pieces featuring Dita during that time period. The face hidden on the left side is a nice surprise. Just got it framed.

53RJXJeF_0105161814191gpadd.jpg

really nice Brian!

Man, that's a monster of a frame!

possible translation: "Good god, man! You are overwhelming the master's work with all that ornate golden gaudiness"

In this case, it's about how it looks in context. The prelim is pretty small, and I wanted to give it more weight on a busy wall. I'm very happy with how it's turning out. Will post a pic when its hung.

Hah, not at all. Just struck me that either the art is super tiny, or that frame width is gigantic. i.e. Not a more usual 1.5" to 2" wide frame.

Almost looks like a built up of 2 or more moldings, plus the fillets. Some of my favorite frame moldings have been monsters. Unfortunately I've never found a use for them. Look forward to the in situ shot

Nice one Rune....

Here is my Fear cover (well, one of them)

IMG_5547_zpscmwtpttl.jpg

That cover got snagged pretty quick when it went up on Mikes site.. My wife and I both admire this cover very much. It is definitely a magnificent piece of art.. Congrats!

Edited by RickyBobby

Thanks all,

here is another fun one ....

b136bfa5-bbaa-4687-9b41-b5d43d77d690_zpsylmguofa.jpg

You just can't go wrong with Spidey and FF, it's a great cover :applause: And nice with Marshall Rogers signature too. Fear #16 looks absolutely stunning behind glass!

Great McMahon cover on CAF, guess that one also needs glass :grin: - Btw, I think you once asked Gemma to make a Registry set just for Dredd (Eagle) books - and she actually did :gossip:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=3755

Here's my PATTON movie poster painting now framed (excuse odd angle as I was trying to reduce camera glare . . . unsuccesfully):

Patton%20framed.jpg

And a print of the poster as it was displayed at front-of-house cinemas with lettering added in production:

Patton%20poster.jpg