• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Sriz said:

Awesome Bob.  Mine is a huge fan of Teen Titans Go. 

The original run of New Teen Titans, for my then 7/8 year-old, was at a level that she just devoured the collected trades and read/re-read them probably five or six times each over the summer break last year. Its just edgy enough to keep her guessing, but pure enough in an early 80s latchkey kid sort of way that I wasn't worried about the themes being too adult like what is on the LCS shelf these days.  

She would love to meet George Perez, which I don't expect will happen anytime soon sadly, but we can all hope. 

8 hours ago, Sideshow Bob said:

My daughter is extremely excited to have this hanging next to her bed...

fullsizeoutput_5725.jpeg

Dig that 8-ply mat and slim profile frame together! A great look that lets the artwork be the star. And I have a nostalgic soft spot for TT.  :headbang:

It was time to frame my X-Men "Danger Room" Portfolio plate by Fastner and Larson.   These vintage, poster size pieces deserve to be displayed...and with so many characters and colors, there comes unlimited framing options.  Ultimately, I chose to highlight Wolverine and his claws by using inside mats in Wolverine brown and yellow, along with a black frame with "Adamantium" silver border.  I'm thrilled with the result...

IMG_0623.PNG

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, Jay Olie Espy said:

First time posting here. I've had this framed in my kids' room but I finally posted it on my CAF. It's Ferdinand the Bull by a Hyperion Studio artist. More info here.

IMG_0611.jpg

Looks to be a great find John.  You never know what you'll come across when you go digging. 

Finally back from the framers!  Venomverse 1 -5.  They didn't cut down the signature card like I asked so it left a little more negative space than I would have liked, but still looks great.  If you want to see it in more detail you can go here - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1406143

Thanks!

Venomverse Framed.jpg

Edited by Sooners151

7 hours ago, Sooners151 said:

Finally back from the framers!  Venomverse 1 -5.  They didn't cut down the signature card like I asked so it left a little more negative space than I would have liked, but still looks great.  If you want to see it in more detail you can go here - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1406143

Thanks!

Venomverse Framed.jpg

Awesome James!  I think they did a great job.

On 8/17/2017 at 0:55 PM, Sooners151 said:

Thanks!

Venomverse Framed.jpg

Wow, that's quite cool.  Looks really nice!

On 8/17/2017 at 0:55 PM, Sooners151 said:

Thanks!

Venomverse Framed.jpg

Great piece. Congrats

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, NamesJay said:

Got my Natali Sanders piece back from framer today :-)

natali.jpg

I am always so afraid to use mats with any 'texturing' or effects...this looks awesome though and complements the background the artist used.  It also pulls that light red Cobra out, because you could get lost and miss that she's a baddie...LOL

I am looking for a cheap framing alternative (until I am willing to pony up the real cash to frame my three pieces) and was wondering whether anyone has any success with Ikea Frames - trying to find one with Matting that may work without cutting off the image of a standard 11x17 original art piece - it looks like one of the Ribba frames may work.  They say the Mats are acid free so there shouldn't be damage there - but wondering if anyone has gone this route as a temporary solution? And on the flip side whether this is a horrible idea :)

1 hour ago, Panelfan1 said:

Wow! Just outstanding. Is the movie itself worth watching?

Not exactly an enduring classic but it's a fun, energetic movie, produced in pre-cgi days (1976) when monsters were men dressed in funky rubber-suits (old-school Godzilla).  Based on an Edgar Rice Burroughs novel, so the basic story's sound.