• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Pretty sure I've left comments on those each and every one in the past because they are totally right up my alley, but i'll say it again here. That last panel on the Death page... expression says it all. Good stuff!

I am pretty sure you did, Eric. And I am pretty sure I tried to get that wonderful Shage page you have!

Luca

This Keron Grant Ninjak cover is a large ink on vellum piece, and given the translucent nature of the vellum I wasn't sure how it was going to end up looking. Actually worked out pretty well.

Ninjak12Framed_zps4p4tjpvc.jpg

Mike

It looks great, congrats! (thumbs u

As long as the Vellum is placed on a white background, I guess the translucency will be very hard to spot.

Btw, I've just paid James Pascoe to make an acetate overlay (title and Marvel logos etc) for my Keron Grant Nighthawk Vellum cover, intereting how that'll turn out :wishluck:

It feels like Christmas today  - I got two pieces back framed behind Museum Glass.

I thought that Garfield needed something else than the usual black frame, so I went for a golden frame and whitish passepartout/mat:

DSC_0323.thumb.JPG.b8c6980b9b43fb9cac51b6ad72b01706.JPG

King Conan also got the golden treatment, but this is a painted cover where I normally wouldn't choose a black frame and black mat (black frames and mats are great for inked pieces):

DSC_0332.thumb.JPG.c65eddecd655520ebe97193590e6fd30.JPG

Close-up:

DSC_0327.thumb.JPG.17922cea4fe321bf90b740be06723749.JPG

King Conan is already on the wall in the kids' gaming room - I hope that the piece may inspire them when playing role-playng computer games :grin:

More info about the pieces:

Garfield: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1363400

King Conan:  http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1363396

Edited by Rune

1. First framed piece. Kept it very simple. Jack Kirby drawing, adapted and recolored by Mike Decarlo and signed by Stan Lee. On the drawing board is a photo of me with Stan.   

IMG_6562.JPG

Edited by Captain Canuck

Hey guys just wanted to share a wonderful buying experience with a very new ebayer. I ordered a simple black frame on Saturday and it arrived today. Well packaged, precision cut and UV glass. The price was ver competitive. I would use them again. My next door neighbor is a frame shop and I opened the box up with them because they we very interested to see what I got for my money. Well their jaws were gaped open and they could not believe the turn around and quality as well as price. Included was a hand signed instruction/thank you note from Mathew. His company is in NY.

Five Stars from me.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Solid-Wood-Photo-Frame-With-UV-Glass-1-quot-Black-Frame-Handmade-in-New-York-/182476659791?varId=485050294024&txnId=1627343076008

Here's a wall in my office. I'm very fortunate to have a local framer with whom I worked out a bulk discount. The large pieces cost me $90 to frame and the small pieces $75. They're all double matted with spacers and UV glass. Everything is archival.

IMG_3052.JPG

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:49 PM, The-Collector said:

Great choice with the frame it really suits the art.

Love this! Its hard to know when to gussy something up with an elaborate frame-good choice here.

4 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Here's a wall in my office. I'm very fortunate to have a local framer with whom I worked out a bulk discount. The large pieces cost me $90 to frame and the small pieces $75. They're all double matted with spacers and UV glass. Everything is archival.

IMG_3052.JPG

Nice pattern of arrangement, Ankur!

14 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

IMG_3052.JPG

very nice pieces!

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 7:34 AM, AnkurJ said:

IMG_3052.JPG

GREAT looking set up.  The art is not bad either. :nyah: Actually love the art.

On March 9, 2017 at 9:23 AM, WoWitHurts said:

Not really original art but I always dug this promo poster I pulled off of my buddies store in the 80's

IMG_0777_zpsd1wymyxa.JPG

Man that looks great, I have a pair of these posters, need to get on the ball with the frame work