Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
15 15

1,592 posts in this topic

Artboy99   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 11,770 posts
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:50 AM, NamesJay said:

Got my Natali Sanders piece back from framer today :-)

natali.jpg

Fantastic!

Andahaion   
  • 225 posts

Any pictures from the collective of framed pencils and inks on separate boards?  I purchased such a page and am weighing options for framing.  The leader in the clubhouse right now is to frame them both and have the published page in the middle.  Would make for a large framed piece in total, but I think would look nice.  

vodou   
  • 2,595 posts
1 hour ago, Andahaion said:

Any pictures from the collective of framed pencils and inks on separate boards?  I purchased such a page and am weighing options for framing.  The leader in the clubhouse right now is to frame them both and have the published page in the middle.  Would make for a large framed piece in total, but I think would look nice.  

If you have to frame everything together (not a fan of that) then I prefer the tall presentation to the wide:

Related image

Somebody on CAF (can't remember his name) had a game room that was wall to wall comic cover art on top and comic on the bottom...it was really nice. In your case, I'd suggest a double-window with the inks on top and pencils below, no published page. (Triple is getting very tall if nothing else!) Ultimately it's up to you. The point being...when you do a few this way, they hang better together tall than wide. IMO ;)

Doc Joe   
  • 9,726 posts
On 12/28/2017 at 8:29 PM, Sideshow Bob said:

Adding to my daughters' already stellar collection of OA... a Merry Christmas indeed. Assembled from a couple eBay auctions which were from different SDCC years, so there is a slight paper color difference between the Bats (2016) and Joker/Harley (2017). 

IMG_4966.jpg

Love em, was looking at a couple of those myself, congrats and well presented 

Sideshow Bob   
  • 482 posts
2 hours ago, Doc Joe said:

Love em, was looking at a couple of those myself, congrats and well presented 

Thought I'd share the wall shot too. Stuck between two Perez pieces (cover to Archive edition and Wonder Girl pin-up), with a Zach Howard TMNT on the far wall. And the desk has the Fabok Batman and a Sienkiewicz Raven. 

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

Panelfan1   
  • 529 posts
15 hours ago, Andahaion said:

Its all personal and depends on room. For me - I love having art up - dont need the published comic taking up wall space that could be used by more art.  If you dont have many pieces, and have the space, all 3 is nice too.

ESeffinga   
  • 252 posts
On 1/1/2018 at 11:44 PM, awayne83 said:

That Darwyn piece is great

Agreed!