• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

thehumantorch - Thank you!... it's one of my favorite pieces.

Berni Wrightson gave it to his friend Jeff Jones shortly after he created it in 1969. Jones kept it for 32 years before finally selling it.

Shortly after I bought it, I located a copy of the fanzine Gosh Wow! #3 to go along with the artwork. In it, there was an article covering Scarp Con 1968. Here's a little snippet that made me shake my head:

"...it was a short trip to the Dealer's Room where one could look longingly at such wares as Marvel Comics #1 (priced at a whopping $225 which, incidentally, it finally sold for), Detective Comics #40 (marked "sold" at $40 from the first day), and others far to numerous to mention. If you were like us however, you settled for a $2.00 copy of Air Boy.

You had the opportunity to meet dealers, or you could pin down another fan for a deal...like trading XXXXXX of Brigham City, Utah several E.C.s for a copy of Batman #2."

There are also quite a few pictures of original art on display at the convention. One cover that jumped out at me was Steranko's Nick Fury Agent of Shield #6. I wonder what the price was for that masterpiece.

Bill

Back in June I won an original Doug Sneyd in a charity auction for Seattle Children's Hospital and was published in "Monsters & Dames Charity Art Auction " book. He has been drawing cartoons in Playboy for 45 years. I just framed it and it looks great haning in my living room.

winking_bunny_framed.jpg

thehumantorch - Thank you!... it's one of my favorite pieces.

Berni Wrightson gave it to his friend Jeff Jones shortly after he created it in 1969. Jones kept it for 32 years before finally selling it.

Shortly after I bought it, I located a copy of the fanzine Gosh Wow! #3 to go along with the artwork. In it, there was an article covering Scarp Con 1968. Here's a little snippet that made me shake my head:

"...it was a short trip to the Dealer's Room where one could look longingly at such wares as Marvel Comics #1 (priced at a whopping $225 which, incidentally, it finally sold for), Detective Comics #40 (marked "sold" at $40 from the first day), and others far to numerous to mention. If you were like us however, you settled for a $2.00 copy of Air Boy.

You had the opportunity to meet dealers, or you could pin down another fan for a deal...like trading XXXXXX of Brigham City, Utah several E.C.s for a copy of Batman #2."

There are also quite a few pictures of original art on display at the convention. One cover that jumped out at me was Steranko's Nick Fury Agent of Shield #6. I wonder what the price was for that masterpiece.

Bill

What I want to know is where this collector from Brigham City is now. Since moving out here to Utah 5 years ago I've only met 3 collectors out here that collect more than just modern stuff.

thehumantorch

Bill

Has anyone seen the original NF #6 cover? I don't believe I have... it's possible it was on display at the convention by Steranko himself and wasn't on the market.

This explains it better than I can:

Believe it or not, choosing the right glass for your framing project can have just as much of a “Wow” factor as the choice of a frame and mat.

With Museum Glass you can clearly see the difference. It’s almost as if there is no glass at all. Reflection is reduced by over 85 percent, for the lowest possible reflection rating and the highest light transmission of all other glass on the market.

How does Museum Glass do it? Tru Vue’s Magnatron Sputtering, a proprietary manufacturing process, creates an ultra-thin coating on the glass that suppresses the reflection of visible light. This coating renders Museum Glass nearly invisible to the eye, allowing almost nothing to come between you and your ability to enjoy the beauty of whatever is in the frame. Imagine—optimal clarity for true color transmission. The highest brightness and contrast levels available. And the greatest color neutrality around.

But there’s more. Museum Glass blocks 98% of harmful UV rays from indoor and outdoor lights. Museum Glass actually helps protect your artwork from fading, so your framed piece will last a lifetime.

Choosing the right glass clearly does matter. That’s why more “Wows!” are being heard from people who use Museum Glass to finish their framing projects.

i work for the getty museum. museum glass is dang near invisible. it's ridiculous how you can be a few centimeters away and not be sure if it's glass or not.

I've just gotten a bunch of pieces framed. Here they are:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=89132

All these pieces were framed by my friend, Steve Wyatt. Steve specializes in comic art and has framed some of the biggest pieces in the hobby. Best of all, he's totally affordable, with the lowest rates of any framer I've seen. You can check out more of his work on his CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=13483

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Steve and/or the work he's done for me.

I've just gotten a bunch of pieces framed. Here they are:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=89132

All these pieces were framed by my friend, Steve Wyatt. Steve specializes in comic art and has framed some of the biggest pieces in the hobby. Best of all, he's totally affordable, with the lowest rates of any framer I've seen. You can check out more of his work on his CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=13483

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Steve and/or the work he's done for me.

Love the Y 1 !

Didn't realize the Sienkiewicz was that size. Killer wall, dude

I think the Image area is 9x10. It also looks even smaller because the 2 piece it's between are large/ Indiana Jones has an image area of 14 1/2 x 21 and the Skywalker is around 15x19 3/4.