• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
11 11

2,015 posts in this topic

Here's the cover to Marvel's Greatest Comics 42, which reprinted FF 55. This is the original cover, but the image is a gigantic stat of the cover of FF55, with some additional art drawn in the margins to fill the cover, and then the comic title and the Torch and Thing mechanicals are paste-ups. I though it was a pretty cool piece. A lot of people thought I was nuts to buying a cover that was mostly stat, but it's as close to owning the cover of FF 55 as I'm ever gonna come. Of course, when it's framed and sitting on the wall, you can't tell it's a stat... :grin::cloud9:

DSC02613.jpg

Here's the cover to Marvel's Greatest Comics 42, which reprinted FF 55. This is the original cover, but the image is a gigantic stat of the cover of FF55, with some additional art drawn in the margins to fill the cover, and then the comic title and the Torch and Thing mechanicals are paste-ups. I though it was a pretty cool piece. A lot of people thought I was nuts to buying a cover that was mostly stat, but it's as close to owning the cover of FF 55 as I'm ever gonna come. Of course, when it's framed and sitting on the wall, you can't tell it's a stat... :grin::cloud9:

DSC02613.jpg

:o Awesome piece!!!

Very cool pieces Rhino! You know, I'm getting ready to get cover framed and I think since it has so much black that I should go with a black mat. But I'm just not sure if white would make it "pop" more. Decisions... hm

Rhino -- beautiful art that is tastefully framed. I'm getting ready to have a piece or two framed and you've given me something to think about.

TMNTguy -- That's special piece! If you want to try something a little more adventurous try a wine-colored matte that matches the bandanas. If you double matte then possible wine and forest green (to match the turtles) or black. Those are what I'd play with to see if something "works".

Edited by adamstrange

TMNTguy -- That's special piece! If you want to try something a little more adventurous try a wine-colored matte that matches the bandanas. If you double matte then possible wine and forest green (to match the turtles) or black. Those are what I'd play with to see if something "works".

Thanks for the great ideas! I definately like the idea about double matting with green. And I would have never thought about trying to match the bandanas. I'm definately going to take my time and try different things to see what works.

And then post the finished product here of course... :grin:

I have these two pages from Amazing Spider-man but have no idea who the artist is.I am asking you guys the OA pros to help me figure out this mystery .

bagley2.jpg

bagley.jpg

Humberto Ramos is the artist.

Just back from framing:

AoD13.jpg

I knew those would look great together framed....congrats :applause: