Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
20 20

1,783 posts in this topic

916 posts

...I'm right there with you.

Either that or I'm going to need a MUCH bigger deposit box. Heh.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,048 posts

Not sure how many of you check out other non-art threads on cgccomics - but came across this today.  Thought it was worth posting. Its in the 'got a comic room' thread

20170423_165836.thumb.jpg.7a92e42dbc29e6e1171619bf7573ab56.jpg

20170423_165824.thumb.jpg.a9dedefc2b8b86cce0684e0f4f9d60ba.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,388 posts

Very cool way to show off lots of art with very little wall space!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
146 posts

I'm  not sold on the comic room approach with the swinging panels. Its a little to close to being like a comic shop with posters etc that are set up for review and sale. I am all about swapping out art all the time and showing off different stuff, but I like the aesthetic of my comic art being clearly "Art" with a capital A and this kind of display just doesn't say that to me, even if it allows more art to be shown in a small space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
340 posts
9 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Not sure how many of you check out other non-art threads on cgccomics - but came across this today.  Thought it was worth posting. Its in the 'got a comic room' thread

20170423_165836.thumb.jpg.7a92e42dbc29e6e1171619bf7573ab56.jpg

20170423_165824.thumb.jpg.a9dedefc2b8b86cce0684e0f4f9d60ba.jpg

Now that's a nice setup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,615 posts
On 4/27/2017 at 6:36 PM, furthur said:

I'm  not sold on the comic room approach with the swinging panels. Its a little to close to being like a comic shop with posters etc that are set up for review and sale. I am all about swapping out art all the time and showing off different stuff, but I like the aesthetic of my comic art being clearly "Art" with a capital A and this kind of display just doesn't say that to me, even if it allows more art to be shown in a small space.

To each their own. But this beats an Itoya for display purposes. I understand what you're saying about possibly looking like a poster display, but I think you can eliminate that if you have it displayed elegantly, like Panelfan1 has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
119 posts
On 04/27/2017 at 8:53 AM, Panelfan1 said:

Not sure how many of you check out other non-art threads on cgccomics - but came across this today.  Thought it was worth posting. Its in the 'got a comic room' thread

20170423_165836.thumb.jpg.7a92e42dbc29e6e1171619bf7573ab56.jpg

20170423_165824.thumb.jpg.a9dedefc2b8b86cce0684e0f4f9d60ba.jpg

That's my setup. I also have framed art on other walls. I dont own a ton of art. This display replaced my itoya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,199 posts
16 hours ago, vscipior said:

That's my setup. I also have framed art on other walls. I dont own a ton of art. This display replaced my itoya.

:golfclap:(worship)  well done sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
119 posts
9 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

:golfclap:(worship)  well done sir.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,412 posts
On 4/30/2017 at 9:14 AM, vscipior said:

That's my setup. I also have framed art on other walls. I dont own a ton of art. This display replaced my itoya.

I love it and think it's a terrific idea. Terrific use of space. The display makes it much more likely that you (or your guests) will thumb through and enjoy your collection regularly, whereas an iToya may rarely get pulled off of the shelf. Perfect compromise if you don't have a lot of wall space. I may do this myself one day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,232 posts
1 hour ago, Lobstrosity said:

I recently had 10 of my animation cels framed up to hang over my twin sons' cribs. I tried to pick ones that were bright and colorful and not too scary, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

For those curious, they are:
(Top row left to right) Star Wars: Ewoks, 'It Was a Short Summer Charlie, Brown," Star Trek, Sesame Street "Agua," Ducktales
(Bottom row) Garfield and Friends, Pink Panther "In the Pink," The Muppet Babies, Care Bears, The Smurfs
 

2017_02_19 animation artwork hung  in nursery.jpg

Such a fun idea, and nicely done. Wish I'd been as clever when my kids were little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,527 posts
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, Lobstrosity said:

I recently had 10 of my animation cels framed up to hang over my twin sons' cribs. I tried to pick ones that were bright and colorful and not too scary, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

For those curious, they are:
(Top row left to right) Star Wars: Ewoks, 'It Was a Short Summer Charlie, Brown," Star Trek, Sesame Street "Agua," Ducktales
(Bottom row) Garfield and Friends, Pink Panther "In the Pink," The Muppet Babies, Care Bears, The Smurfs
 

2017_02_19 animation artwork hung  in nursery.jpg

Bravo! That's terrific!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,725 posts

I don't have too many pieces framed and even less of those framed pieces are on a wall.   Here's one of the few that the wife would allow on the walls of the house.   (Can't remember if I've posted before or not).  It was already matted/framed when I acquired it.   I thought the matting worked pretty well actually. 

 

Francine1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,214 posts
On 4/29/2017 at 1:07 PM, NamesJay said:

Couple more pieces back from Michaels's today...

 

 

new_art.jpeg

nice pair!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 posts

Nice Chris! I remember holding that piece....

Do you remember this one?

 

 

20170414_175332 (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 posts
On 5/10/2017 at 1:14 PM, chrisco37 said:

I don't have too many pieces framed and even less of those framed pieces are on a wall.   Here's one of the few that the wife would allow on the walls of the house.   (Can't remember if I've posted before or not).  It was already matted/framed when I acquired it.   I thought the matting worked pretty well actually. 

 

Francine1.jpg

My above post was in reference to this...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,725 posts
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, Jesse_M said:

Nice Chris! I remember holding that piece....

Do you remember this one?

Yep.  I've got a pic of it somewhere on my computer. 

You also have the Grell Poison Ivy, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
20 20