Art behind glass: Show off your framed art!
22 22

1,834 posts in this topic

1,670 posts
3 hours ago, critt-dog1 said:

sorry for the glare ! Cgc Signature Comic , the comic color guide , Original art page , And Scarlet Spider hanging out !  Art by Sal Buscema And Bill Sienkiewicz

This is the craziest frame setup I've ever seen!

165 posts

Just a general statement that I would love to see the space the framed artwork occupies in the room

7,818 posts

I’m still filling in gaps places. I have something else that will go above the TV so I don’t have a picture of most of the wall. I’ve also been switching places of things as other pieces get framed. Luckily we have 9 foot ceilings. 

31ABA659-DA80-4466-B515-CCC8CCD74204.jpeg

2,550 posts

Well done, both pieces look amazing!   

Question:  when framing painted / colored art, how do you decide whether to use a mat, glass, both or neither?  I haven't been consistent over the years but lately I tend to use mat+glass for all but the largest pieces, for which I use neither.  Curious how others approach this hm

17 posts

On 2/17/2020 at 10:12 PM, Mephisto said:

I’ve been getting a lot of stuff framed since I’ve moved. Got this one back yesterday and it’s fairly large. The fiancé loves Dark Phoenix so it’s hanging over the TV in the living room.

9B983259-BB55-4427-8DDE-1C5B2ABBE38F.jpeg

Absolutely stunning. Very nicely done!

7,818 posts
1 hour ago, GreatEscape said:

Well done, both pieces look amazing!   

Question:  when framing painted / colored art, how do you decide whether to use a mat, glass, both or neither?  I haven't been consistent over the years but lately I tend to use mat+glass for all but the largest pieces, for which I use neither.  Curious how others approach this hm

It depends what type of paint was used, material painted on, and if there is a varnish. The Dark Phoenix is oil on masonite so I didn't use any glass. I do have some pieces under glass with no mat that have spacers along the edge to keep the glass from touching, those pieces were painted right up to the edge of the board. Usually painted stuff with white borders where the whole board wasn't used get a mat from me. That X-Men piece is actually a frame I reused which is why the mat isn't even dimensions all the way around as it was originally for a different piece I had but sold. I actually need to either get it reframed because I noticed when I moved to our new place the piece was sliding around inside the frame behind the mat. It actually slightly off but I was able to mostly tap it back into place for now.  

7,818 posts

I’ve had this piece for almost a decade. I never got around to framing it as it was a little larger. I love the Spider-Man villains and there just aren’t many published paintings of Molten Man. Really love the frame on this one!

43A56877-063F-4963-B5F8-EE94D87DDB12.jpeg

A571E386-48B7-4607-902E-2B1AAE710874.jpeg

7,818 posts

This is another wall of the den so far. I had some ideas of which paintings I wanted where but sometimes certain pieces plug in well. Also if I wind up with a piece my fiancé likes it can go in the bedroom and I don’t have to use den wall space. She gives me a lot of latitude on what can go in the bedroom.

The ceilings are 9 feet tall so that gives you an idea on how large some pieces are.

63054F2E-9E2B-4E19-9F57-B8B59E9AE888.jpeg

Edited by Mephisto

915 posts
15 hours ago, davidtere said:

My 'comic' room is always in a bit of a mess (shrug). I'm always doing something in there. These are two areas of the room where I have the room to put something on the wall. Just too many bookcases that eat up wall space, but it's the only room in the house that has no exposure to natural light. Oh...probably obvious that I am a fan of Jack Kirby. 

fullsizeoutput_6ce.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpg

ED220F7A-3B6C-4A36-8C10-428A083AF349.gif.55082d4b875e0619e6b3f04a2a45d443.gif

1,878 posts
On 2/19/2020 at 5:27 PM, davidtere said:

My 'comic' room is always in a bit of a mess (shrug). I'm always doing something in there. These are two areas of the room where I have the room to put something on the wall. Just too many bookcases that eat up wall space, but it's the only room in the house that has no exposure to natural light. Oh...probably obvious that I am a fan of Jack Kirby. 

fullsizeoutput_6ce.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpg

Awestruck by this display! Congratulations! 

915 posts
18 minutes ago, Benedict Judas Hel said:

Here’s my modest collection of Vega/Baroness commissions I have framed on my wall.  Hoping to add more in the upcoming months (on the adjacent wall) and a framed comic page or two...

6FBF2F15-7743-4D1B-AE26-2A5EDA50AFF5.jpeg

got to ask...what made you settle on these to characters to collect?