• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 27

33 posts in this topic

Not sure.....893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But here's a pic of the cover

Thanks, now what's the other one? Gotta be a Marvel multi-character book, as there are Cap, Subby and Torch stories inside.

The GCD lists the stories in Human Torch #31 as "He Gambled on Death" (Torch), "Troubador of Terror" (Subby), and "Man Who Could Foresee Doom"(Torch). Doesn't list a Captain America story. Is your book a different book or did they miss a story?

ECFANMAN

The GCD lists the stories in Human Torch #31 as "He Gambled on Death" (Torch), "Troubador of Terror" (Subby), and "Man Who Could Foresee Doom"(Torch). Doesn't list a Captain America story. Is your book a different book or did they miss a story?

Cool, and thanks. It must be the Subby 31 that has the Cap story in it. Really cool one, where a mini-scanners-like maniac tries to match brains with Cap, and pays for it!!

Just found it:

The Hypnotist of Horror

What % of the Ostreet good price do u think is reasonable to pay for a coverless GA comic complete w/ 1st wrap & centerfold?

I would say anywhere from 2-5%. I had a fellow collector flip a coverless copy of ASM #5 last year for me that fetched over $50.

Ostreet good is about $135 which means your client paid 37% of the "good" valuation. That is relatively high but Spidey & Dr Doom are more popular than coverless GA Batman/Superman which seem to be selling for about 20% of good. 893blahblah.gif

On 4/11/2019 at 9:07 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

How times have changed.

And so quickly, too. That was only, what...16 years ago?