• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance Pages

6 posts in this topic

I have page 3 of Ghost Rider #1. It was inked by Mark Texeira who signed the top of it as well.

What's interesting about the page though, is that it's the first appearance of the villian Deathwatch. The comic is listed as the characters first appearance, and this page is the first page in the comic he appears on (last panel).

So my question is this... does the 1st appearance of a character have a greater impact on the value of original art like it does for comics?

P1020155

I have page 3 of Ghost Rider #1. It was inked by Mark Texeira who signed the top of it as well.

What's interesting about the page though, is that it's the first appearance of the villian Deathwatch. The comic is listed as the characters first appearance, and this page is the first page in the comic he appears on (last panel).

So my question is this... does the 1st appearance of a character have a greater impact on the value of original art like it does for comics?

Firstly, Image didn't work. Would love to see the page.

Secondly, I have a first appearance page. It's not a Major Villain, but it's my favorite baddie from Spider-Girl. I love it!!

So I'd say the first appearance page would add value, you just need to find the right buyer. Or, better yet, if You love the page Keep it. That's really the most important indication of value.

Brian

I would say there is a premium. The first appearance of Thanos is commanding a heafty price at comiclink and it's just his boots!

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%5Fart%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26Artist1%3DJIM%2520STARLIN%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26SORT%3DCATEG%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=711975