• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are there so few World's Finest collectors?
2 2

186 posts in this topic

WF would be a title I would collect.  Nice long run of books - secondary Batman title, secondary Superman title, so less sought after and cheaper to compile.  The only reason I don't collect the title is that I'm doing so with another title that has many of the same attributes.

Maybe someday though...

I certainly can't compete with the quality of the books shown so far, but I am slowly trudging through a decent run. World's Finest is the only comic I ever subscribed to. In 1974, I could not find them on newsstands anywhere, so I sent in my $3 (which at 8 years old was big bucks to me) and got a subscription. Little did I know that the comics would raise to 60 cents each (Giant 100 pagers), so I didn't get many issues at all. In the mid 1980's, I wrote a letter to the editors talking about how difficult it must be to continually come up with stories featuring the same main characters. I actually received a letter from Joey Cavalieri that told me how difficult it had been for him to do just that, and that the title was being cancelled. I wish I knew where that letter is now. 

Anyway, I have about 125 issues between 110 and 323. Since they are so cheap, I might just finish this run in the next year or two. I know a lot of the stories are campy, but they bring back such great memories of my childhood. Raw copies in 3.0-6.0 from the 1960's will just have to suffice considering my budget.

19 hours ago, PowderedH2O1 said:

I certainly can't compete with the quality of the books shown so far, but I am slowly trudging through a decent run. World's Finest is the only comic I ever subscribed to. In 1974, I could not find them on newsstands anywhere, so I sent in my $3 (which at 8 years old was big bucks to me) and got a subscription. Little did I know that the comics would raise to 60 cents each (Giant 100 pagers), so I didn't get many issues at all. In the mid 1980's, I wrote a letter to the editors talking about how difficult it must be to continually come up with stories featuring the same main characters. I actually received a letter from Joey Cavalieri that told me how difficult it had been for him to do just that, and that the title was being cancelled. I wish I knew where that letter is now. 

Anyway, I have about 125 issues between 110 and 323. Since they are so cheap, I might just finish this run in the next year or two. I know a lot of the stories are campy, but they bring back such great memories of my childhood. Raw copies in 3.0-6.0 from the 1960's will just have to suffice considering my budget.

thanks for sharing..........   

3 hours ago, steelcity said:

Unusual Batplane cover.

WF93.jpg

Your copies of 93 and 94 are really nice.  (thumbsu Back about 6 or 7 years ago I became interested  in picking up some of the WF issues numbered in the 90's thinking they might be easier to locate in around fine condition. This was after seeing some of the earlier issues posted in this thread that are just about impossible to find. Turns out I was wrong about the issues in the 90's, they are very tough to find above 6.0.