• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what are the best JOKER covers??

93 posts in this topic

By the way, does anyone think that Joker covers are gonna go through the roof when THE DARK KNIGHT is released this summer?

Dear god I hope not! :sick:

I'm remembering how Batman books went through the roof in 1989 when the Burton film was released, particularly the Joker covers. I don't think that Batmania will quite reach that level this summer, but there is a lot of anticipation for the new movie, and the tragic death of Heath Ledger has all but guaranteed a media frenzy when it comes out.

13 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Too bad most of this thread has been gutted by Bucketgate.

agreed.

And while I am here I will cast my vote. This is my favorite Joker cover:

Detective%20880_zpsuvuymszu.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

Not a cover, but I had this image on a t-shirt when I was in high school. Always struck me as a bit of a pseudo-Killing Joke homage and I bought it sometime between KJ and the '89 movie, so that probably was the basis. Still have the shirt around somewhere, but here's a quick grab off the 'net.....

fatandyz_33071372114602.jpg

IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_8591.jpg

On 8/20/2017 at 8:48 AM, Martin Sinescu said:

Not a cover, but I had this image on a t-shirt when I was in high school. Always struck me as a bit of a pseudo-Killing Joke homage and I bought it sometime between KJ and the '89 movie, so that probably was the basis. Still have the shirt around somewhere, but here's a quick grab off the 'net.....

fatandyz_33071372114602.jpg

I had the same shirt during the Batmania of 1989.

On 2/1/2008 at 10:39 AM, TylerH said:

Hey All!

Just wondering what you think the best JOKER covers are??

He is my favorite comic bad guy!!

I personally love Batman #11.. But would love to see more!

This is one of my all time favorites!

Batman_44.jpg

Even though I adore Batman 251 the most and its shift to what is essentially our modern version of the Joker, I liked the way his stories went back to more of a "zany" character with outlandish traps and schemes during the Pre-Crisis 80's. When I started collecting Batman in the late 80's, the groundwork was based partly on the TV show reruns I'd watched growing up, so naturally I emphasized any issue with key villains like Joker and Riddler. Thus, stories with the goofiest plots and wackiest covers really appealed to me as they coalesced with the TV version I knew. These are my two favorites:

Batman321_low.jpg

Detective569_MG_1437_low.jpg