• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics?

30 posts in this topic

Fantastic site!!! I use all the time as well. I want to add my thanks to all the others for your effort. We all have been the better for it!

And good luck with your quest to own every DC comic published!!!!!

Does anyone know the Mike of the Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics website?

Why has he let his superb site lapse?

:(

He found paid work. A lot of development was done when he was out of work.

I haven't let the site lapse. It's been up and running as usual. I've continued to put in 20-40 hours a week on it just about every week for the last 10 years. I've also never been "out of work", I've held a real job the entire time.

DCIndexer

Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics

http://www.dcindexes.com

Sorry Mike. Must have mixed you up with someone else. I gave up on my own DC completist aspirations after 19,000 issues. I was finding increasing hard just keeping up with each weeks new issues and the onslaught of variants.

Earl.

Edited by Earl

The Newsstand is quite fascinating.

One interesting fact it reinforces is that there was a lot of dross produced in every Age of comics, and the good stuff is a small fraction of the overall output.  Modern comics receive far too much specific targeted criticism for being much, much worse in this respect.

As a Bronze Age kid, it's nice nostalgia to revisit what was on the racks each month during the mainly 70s period, but also sad to see all the piles of drek which I'd forgotten about.

Edited by Ken Aldred

12 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

The Newsstand is quite fascinating.

One interesting fact it reinforces is that there was a lot of dross produced in every Age of comics, and the good stuff is a small fraction of the overall output.  Modern comics receive far too much specific targeted criticism for being much, much worse in this respect.

As a Bronze Age kid, it's nice nostalgia to revisit what was on the racks each month during the mainly 70s period, but also sad to see all the piles of drek which I'd forgotten about.

Agreed, I've spent hours on that site clicking through my first few years of collecting, mostly '77-79.   I also appreciate it when I find some random Spider-Man mini series from the mid-90's where (after buying it) I try to figure out where it fits by release date with the dozens of other Spidey mini-series being published at the time.  :insane: