• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading questions..

12 posts in this topic

I sent some [modern] books into CGC to get graded. all books that I thought we in decent shape.

ASM 252

Avengers Annual 10

UXM 141, 142

stuff like that.

my question is...what I expected to get was somewhere between 8.0 nad 9.2.

ASM252 gota 6.5, but I can't find any flaws?!! I'll try to get some good scans and post, but I'm totally confused after looking at the young allies 8.0....my book looks WAY better than that...

Is there a way I can find out WHY is got such a [!@#%^&^] grade?

I sent some [modern] books into CGC to get graded. all books that I thought we in decent shape.

ASM 252

Avengers Annual 10

UXM 141, 142

stuff like that.

my question is...what I expected to get was somewhere between 8.0 nad 9.2.

ASM252 gota 6.5, but I can't find any flaws?!! I'll try to get some good scans and post, but I'm totally confused after looking at the young allies 8.0....my book looks WAY better than that...

Is there a way I can find out WHY is got such a [!@#%^&^] grade?

You can call them up and get the grading notes (1-888 NM-COMIC, I believe.) Also- just because it's a pet peeve of mine when people do this; looking at that one, overgraded, Young Allies 8.0 doesn't mean your book wasn't graded correctly.

Post some scans if you get the chance.

"Also- just because it's a pet peeve of mine when people do this; looking at that one, overgraded, Young Allies 8.0 doesn't mean your book wasn't graded correctly."

good point. I'll definitely try to get some scans done and posted tomorrow. and I'll definitely ask for the notes. Do I need a PO# or something to order them?