• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silverage-Fan Back?

156 posts in this topic

you really DON'T like skeletor, do you

I have problems with people with exposed bones. I have a card that states that it is a valid medical condition and you'd be surprised how often I have to use it to justify myself on the fair streets of the wonderful Olathe, Kansas.

Well I could say something offensive to either Notch or Methy and get things really fired up. I am getting a little bored around here lately. I just put in a pretty stiff response to Mr. European extended vacation smarty pants in another thread so i will hopefully start a good fight with him. Peace on Earth! It's like that line from Men In Black about bugs thriving on chaos - same for lawyers I guess.

I just put in a pretty stiff response to Mr. European extended vacation smarty pants in another thread so i will hopefully start a good fight with him.

Seriously, Clobberin', don't you have anything more intelligent to do/say than name-calling?

You know what the VERY FIRST mention of my globe-hopping proclivities was on this Board? It was a posting from YOU after you had apparently read my "Me" page on eBay. You made some characteristically low-brow comment about how if I liked living the jet set life so much, then I should go do that and get off this Forum. YOU were the very first person on this Board to try and turn my hobby of traveling into a populist class envy issue.

Check out the bio portion of my profile:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/de-lekkerste/

It says that I enjoy traveling and lists my 2 favorite foreign cities. And yet you tried to make it seem that I was being boastful. Yes, before I had mentioned anything on this Forum myself about traveling, you tried to undermine my credibility by turning this line and a half into some class warfare battle.

I've got the freedom, resources and spirit to buy, do and go places I want. I don't advertise it at every turn, unlike some people like a certain dealer (let's call him FlamingRobert) who only respects people with bags of cash to spend on comics or a certain New Englander (let's call him Spiritof76) who mentions his $10K+ ASM #14 purchase constantly. And yet I don't see you uniting the "workers of the world" against people like them, perhaps because you don't feel threatened by them intellectually.

As Friedrich Nietzsche said:

"I don't like him." - Why? - "I am not equal to hiim." - Has any human being ever answered that way?

You may not see the envy in your posts, but I do. Another Forum member sent me a message after reading one of your posts about me and said you sounded, and I quote, "like a jealous hag".

Gene

I just put in a pretty stiff response to Mr. European extended vacation smarty pants in another thread so i will hopefully start a good fight with him.

Seriously, Clobberin', don't you have anything more intelligent to do/say than name-calling?

You know what the VERY FIRST mention of my globe-hopping proclivities was on this Board? It was a posting from YOU after you had apparently read my "Me" page on eBay. You made some characteristically low-brow comment about how if I liked living the jet set life so much, then I should go do that and get off this Forum. YOU were the very first person on this Board to try and turn my hobby of traveling into a populist class envy issue.

Check out the bio portion of my profile:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/de-lekkerste/

It says that I enjoy traveling and lists my 2 favorite foreign cities. And yet you tried to make it seem that I was being boastful. Yes, before I had mentioned anything on this Forum myself about traveling, you tried to undermine my credibility by turning this line and a half into some class warfare battle.

I've got the freedom, resources and spirit to buy, do and go places I want. I don't advertise it at every turn, unlike some people like a certain dealer (let's call him FlamingRobert) who only respects people with bags of cash to spend on comics or a certain New Englander (let's call him Spiritof76) who mentions his $10K+ ASM #14 purchase constantly. And yet I don't see you uniting the "workers of the world" against people like them, perhaps because you don't feel threatened by them intellectually.

As Friedrich Nietzsche said:

"I don't like him." - Why? - "I am not equal to him." - Has any human being ever answered that way?

You may not see the envy in your posts, but I do. Another Forum member sent me a message after reading one of your posts about me and said you sounded, and I quote, "like a jealous hag".

Gene

Gene - sentiment so nice you had to say it twice. Hey, Mr. "European Vacation"..."Look kids...Big Ben ...Parliament!"

Movie trivia: Name the Italian title of the movie starring Chevy Chase's wife that came from the video recorder stolen from their hotel room

Jealous hags abound...dum dum dum... tongue.gif

Well you and your jealous hag friend commenter completely missed the point of my comments. I don't see a lot of people on here going on and on about their wealth and possessions etc - outside of comic books - except you! I don't know how many posts of yours I saw on here about you leaving for europe and you coming back over and over. A bit much bragging about that sort of thing for a comic book site - kind of like an incescant name dropper. There are a number of very wealthy members on here and I can't recall any of them regailing us with stories of Aspen or Florence or there latest Mercedes or beach house. I thought your about me page was one of the funniest things I had ever seen - about like wearing the Boss label on your suit coat sleave kind of deals. I have never noticed Bob bragging about anything other than his comics - he has a good job and more comic book experience than just about anybody around and I definitely listen to what he has to say --- because he knows the market based on about 30 years high end experience. As for Shuley, so what if he brags about that Spidey 14 9.4 - this is a comic book forum! I have heard him explain it and i think he sold off a lot of stuff to buy that one very good book. Like owning one extremely nice suit instead of 4 crappy ones. Personally I don't care if you had a vacation to the moon and speak Martian - the context in which you bring up your wealth and travels does grate on my nerves though because you tend to mention that and then in the next breath relate that sort of thing to how much you know about comics and the cgc market. The only times I have brought up wealth, possessions or experiences on here is in disputes with Crusty and Meth when it got to the point of oneupsmanship. I generally try to avoid commenting on your chest thumping posts about how much you know but sometimes I just can't help myself. Too much time between clients today i guess. See - I told you I could easily pick a fight with you to liven things up around here - and you know you really are a smartypants.

I tell you skiing in the Alps was superb this year. Unfortunately, they didn't have the correct bottled water for my pet tiger so I had to cut the trip short this year...oh wait..comic forum..damn it I keep forgetting frown.gif

Brian

I tell you skiing in the Alps was superb this year. Unfortunately, they didn't have the correct bottled water for my pet tiger so I had to cut the trip short this year...

REALLY? ... Well I simply MUST invite you to my mansion in Maine, where I defecate in a solid gold toilet bowl. We can sit on the veranda and throw Caviar at the locals (only Beluga, of course). Hehe, this is kinda fun, but in all honesty, the only Caviar I have ever eaten was fried Roe sacs from Perch that I caught.

Phil