• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 252 ?? help?

8 posts in this topic

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/rtb1125/lst?.dir=/My+Documents/Shared&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

Doesn't a 6.5 seem harsh for this? I'm clearly no expert, but I was expecting much better.

The colors look much better on the book (maybe my scanner resolution was set incorrectly?)

thoughts?

I guess a lot of what's wrong with the book is subtle, but there's a lot of it- there are a dozen or more serious spine cracks- no stresses (most noticeable on the back,) a stain on the back, the edges on the back look ragged, the top front edge has tiny ears/ wear, there appears to be a little wrinkling along the top back edge and a there's a really rounded lower left hand corner. FN+ seems okay to me.

**I guess a lot of what's wrong with the book is subtle, but there's a lot of it- there are a dozen or more serious spine cracks- no stresses (most noticeable on the back,) a stain on the back, the edges on the back look ragged, the top front edge has tiny ears/ wear, there appears to be a little wrinkling along the top back edge and a there's a really rounded lower left hand corner. FN+ seems okay to me. **

A. thanks for taking the time to help!

B. I don't see the stain??!! never even noticed on the book....

There truly is no wrinkling on the book...the full book scan were taken on an angle, since the casing didn't fit on my scanner bed...

The edges all look kinda 'soft' on the book, (i found it in a collection just bagged, with no board), but that's really the only thing I noticed other than the couple of [what I considered to be] small spine cracks.

Obviously you're not wrong, but I'm trying to learn from this....

Thanks

Holy [!@#%^&^], Rob!

You analysis reads almost verbatim from CGC's grading notes! That's pretty damn impressive!

Thanks again.

I've even managed to locate the stain now!

Oh, well, the book was practically free, so I guess I can't complain too much about a 6.5