• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CONAN #1...opinions?

25 posts in this topic

9.2??? 893frustrated.gif Typical forum hating. There's nothing on that scan that looks like the book is lower than a 9.6, NOTHING. A larger scan might reveal flaws that would knock it down, but if it's as nice as the current scan indicates it's a 9.6, maybe a 9.4 on a REALLY bad day. Post a larger scan Gman.

9.2??? 893frustrated.gif Typical forum hating. There's nothing on that scan that looks like the book is lower than a 9.6, NOTHING. A larger scan might reveal flaws that would knock it down, but if it's as nice as the current scan indicates it's a 9.6, maybe a 9.4 on a REALLY bad day. Post a larger scan Gman.

I was thinking the same thing... based only on "what I can" see... I say it looks 9.6 as well. A larger scan, including the BC may reveal flaws we cannot see now... but I call it a 9.6 from what "I can" see so far.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I said "at worst a 9.2"! frown.gif

There is a dot of stress (color break) at the top center of the book, and the bottom spine corner is rounded just a little.

It might not make the ultra high 9.6 grade, but should get a 9.4.

But you never know until you submit it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thanks for all the opinions...that is the only scan i have but will reveal the grade upon it's arrival. thanks. i sent it in with a pre-grade of 9.4 with an outside shot at 9.6....so we shall see. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The scan is way too small to say anything either way. It could be a 9.4, it could be a 9.0. The scan is simply too small to even pick up any flaws.

Brian

Totally agree. The corners (lower ones mostly) don't look sharp enough for a 9.6 ... So based on the small scan I'd venture a guess of NM 9.4. If it came back a 9.2 I would not be shocked, whereas if it came back a 9.6 I'd be a bit surprised. Again, a larger scan would help resolve the debate!