• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Coupons

25 posts in this topic

I still have a certificate/letter good for a free standard grading for winning one of the last trivia contests in 2004. It doesn't have an expiration date on it, so I assume it's still good.

I still have a certificate/letter good for a free standard grading for winning one of the last trivia contests in 2004. It doesn't have an expiration date on it, so I assume it's still good.

I cashed mine in long ago

I still have a certificate/letter good for a free standard grading for winning one of the last trivia contests in 2004.

Me too. :banana:

Also got a OS Grading Guide and some CGC boxes.

Those were the dayz... :cloud9:

I still have a certificate/letter good for a free standard grading for winning one of the last trivia contests in 2004.

Yep, and I think I'll keep my grading cert as a reminder of better days.. when Scottish was buying MVS-clipped copies of Hulk 181 on a daily basis, Darth was scarfing for 30-cent variants, and Bug still had his original ID.

Yep, and I think I'll keep my grading cert as a reminder of better days.. when Scottish was buying MVS-clipped copies of Hulk 181 on a daily basis, Darth was scarfing for 30-cent variants, and Bug still had his original ID.

And Methuselah was not yet outed ... :tonofbricks:

Every time I submit there is a place that asks you whether you have coupons for certain tiers. Besides the Collector's Society coupon, how can you get coupons for the other tiers? Slab a bunch of books?

Yea. You would think that after so many submissions they would throw you a bone in the form of a coupon. No such luck.

And to make matters worse they seem to have cut off all discounts over 10% entirely.

I used to be able to regularly send in submissions at 15% and 20% off. But now the CGC police seem to have put the hammer down on all the dealers out there. Some sites still advertise the 15 and 20% discounts on their front pages, but when you get to the form you will find it is knocked down to only 10%.

I have a ton of books to grade so if anybody knows of a link for a better discount, please let us know.

So really besides the 3 gradings that you get for joining the Collector's Society there aren't any more coupons out there, huh? How about when you renew the yearly subscription for the Collector's Society, do they throw you another bone then?