• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best idea ever ??? Clear backing boards !!!
1 1

172 posts in this topic

one of the main purposes of a backer board, other than support for the comic, is as an acid buffer (absorb from the comics)...you won't get that with a clear mylar etc, but you need the buffered "cardboard"...something that is hygroscopic and will absorb acids released over time from the pulp/comic

I'm looking for panels of acrylic glass required for the construction of water tanks with a thickness suitable for containing two humpback whales and several tons of water. I would be willing to share my chemical formula for making transparent acid free cardboard backing if anyone is interested. :insane:

I'm looking for panels of acrylic glass required for the construction of water tanks with a thickness suitable for containing two humpback whales and several tons of water. I would be willing to share my chemical formula for making transparent acid free cardboard backing if anyone is interested. :insane:

lol , We do have an acrylic fabrication business. Let me know the size, lol

How about putting the backing board in the middle of the book...

I think that could be disastrous. Haha. Welp, guess there are several reasons they aren't really out there. I mean I don't think a board would HAVE to be gyroscopic, just as long as it obviously doesn't ADD any contaminants to your book. I guess the main reason is cost... ?

I've seen them before. The guy at North Coast had some of his nicer books with them at the last Chicago show I went to. They were VERY thick and he said they were pretty pricey, but it was nice because you could get a good look at the book without have to pull them out of the mylar.