• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I will never bid with HERITAGE again ,and why I think they are TABLESPOONS :

132 posts in this topic

I'm not entirely sure how Heritage handles the proxy bidding, but this might have been the scenario:

Floor bid = 2200; sky's proxy bid was higher so 2300

Floor bid = 2400; sky's proxy bid was higher so 2500

Floor bid = 2600; sky's proxy bid was not higher so the first to reach 2600 was the floor bid.

Agreed. I think this is exactly what happened. No smoke and mirrors, no Oliver Stone waiting in the wings to film the next big conspiracy in Dallas. Really, if there was some funny business going on... and this is to all of you... wouldn't Heritage have taken Sharon's bid over the phone/live bid because if they had the buyers premium would have been higher putting more money into their coffers.

When the auctioneer hears a bid amount he acknowledges the bidder (meaning they have people in place monitoring each avenue of bidding and many people on phones).

If anyone's to blame it's the person who was monitoring the proxy's on eBay and that she didn't speak up quick enough before the person monitoring Live or the Phones did.

It is no different then if two people sitting on the floor raised their paddles at the same time, the auctioneer has to decide which one he's taking first.

Reality is far simpler than that . . . who's the conspiricist? Oliver Stone got nuthin' on you. lol

It sounds like the CS leaves alot to be desired. Why they couldn't spend a few minutes researching that particular auction to figure out how the bidding went, who knows. (shrug)

Considering that the buyer's premium was over $500 (final price tag of $3107, not incl. s/h), you might be better off not having won. :foryou:

I'm not entirely sure how Heritage handles the proxy bidding, but this might have been the scenario:

Floor bid = 2600; sky's proxy bid was not higher so the first to reach 2600 was the floor bid.

Agreed. I think this is exactly what happened. No smoke and mirrors, no Oliver Stone waiting in the wings to film the next big conspiracy in Dallas. Really, if there was some funny business going on... and this is to all of you... wouldn't Heritage have taken Sharon's bid over the phone/live bid because if they had the buyers premium would have been higher putting more money into their coffers.

When the auctioneer hears a bid amount he acknowledges the bidder (meaning they have people in place monitoring each avenue of bidding and many people on phones).

If anyone's to blame it's the person who was monitoring the proxy's on eBay and that she didn't speak up quick enough before the person monitoring Live or the Phones did.

It is no different then if two people sitting on the floor raised their paddles at the same time, the auctioneer has to decide which one he's taking first.

Then why did Ebay and Heritage show me as the high bidder? Remember, Heritage agreed when I called, that K****Y was the winner...until they realized that "k****Y" was me?

thanks for trying to figure it out though:) and I'm still going to dinner, lol:)

Their website says earlier bids will take presidence, mine was the earlier bid.

In all honesty, I had the same thing happen to me on an item a few years ago that I bid on through eBay before I realized I could do it through Heritage. eBay showed me as the winner. Keep this in mind too... Heritage will not always update the final sales price on eBay to reflect what the actual sales price was. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything for this item, but for future reference as just like crack, you'll go back! :insane:

Unless of course you'd rather just deal with all the other rumors about other venues like consignors shilling their auctions or way over graded drek.

Point is, we all miss an item we really want, more so then stuff we win in most cases, but there's always that next fix coming around the corner. (thumbs u

:foryou: :foryou:

Personally, I think you should go higher up the chain at Heritage and make a big stink about this!

It won't make much difference. The book is probably already bought and paid for just as it would have been had she have won it.

Reality is far simpler than that . . . who's the conspiricist? Oliver Stone got nuthin' on you. lol

Have I perpetuated conspiracies? (shrug)

No, you just proved what a suck-up to Heritage you really are lol

And sorry to hear of the problem, Sharon. That was a sweet book. :(

No, you just proved what a suck-up to Heritage you really are lol

And sorry to hear of the problem, Sharon. That was a sweet book. :(

And how exactly have I sucked up to Heritage specifically when all I've done is describe what happens in LIVE auctions?

Sorry, I guess I should remember this:

feedtroll.gif

Edit: I'd like to note, when I said "she" didn't speak up quick enough in my earlier post, I was refering to the woman that was monitoring eBay, not Sharon. :makepoint:

Has anyone considered that Heritage actually is just "saying" that someone outbid and won it so they don't have to sell it for such a low price?

I think this is the easiest and most plausible explanation.

I doubt this is the case. The price it sold for seems very much in line with what it should have sold for and if the consignor wanted more for it they should have had a reserve as there were plenty of books with reserves that did not get met.

Sorry to hear about your problem, Sharon. Hopefully a better deal will come along and make it all worth the grief. Just keep on smiling. Karma has a way of biting people in the azz over cr*p like this. (thumbs u

Karma has a way of biting people in the azz over cr*p like this. (thumbs u

If that's the case, Karma's been mighty kind to Heritage the last five years...

Jim

Patience is a virue... ;)