• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I will never bid with HERITAGE again ,and why I think they are TABLESPOONS :

132 posts in this topic

Karma has a way of biting people in the azz over cr*p like this. (thumbs u

If that's the case, Karma's been mighty kind to Heritage the last five years...

Jim

Patience is a virue... ;)

I hope you're right because they deserve some payback...because at this point it looks like they got Karma cleaning the men's urinal in the executive washroom...

Jim

From the Heritage Terms and Conditions:

14. The highest qualified Bidder recognized by the Auctioneer shall be the buyer. In the event of any

dispute between floor Bidders at a Signature Auction, Auctioneer may at his sole discretion reoffer

the lot. Auctioneer’s decision and declaration of the winning Bidder shall be final and binding

upon all Bidders. Bids properly offered, whether by floor bidder or other means of bidding, may on

occasion be missed or go unrecognized; in such cases, the Auctioneer may declare the recognized

bid accepted as the winning bid, regardless of whether a competing bid may have been higher.

Here is the entire TAC:

http://comics.ha.com/common/images/TermsAndConditions.pdf

I can assure everyone that this is not secret "tricky" language being used by Heritage but is in fact standard language for auctions.

It stinks that Sharon lost out on the book she has been looking to pick up for awhile but at the same time you guys shouldn't let "mob mentality" supercede logic.

There are no "chem-trails", Oswald acted alone, and there are no "Reptoids" :baiting:

Then why did Ebay and Heritage show me as the high bidder? Remember, Heritage agreed when I called, that K****Y was the winner...until they realized that "k****Y" was me?

You'll have to admit that it's funny that those initials showed up as the winning bidder, under the circumstances.

And I'm not thinking of Kentucky.

Jack

Apologists.

She still got hosed.

Brown noser :foryou:

I woul rather be accused of brown nosing Sharon than kissing Heritage's azz. :foryou:

The only reason anyone's kissing her azz is because she's a girl :whistle:

If it were me who lost the book you guys would just all say WAAAHHH! :baiting:

lol

Apologists.

She still got hosed.

I woul rather be accused of brown nosing Sharon than kissing Heritage's azz. :foryou:

lol

True that. I have met you. :baiting:

Apologists.

She still got hosed.

lol

True that. I have met you. :baiting:

:acclaim:

You know you feel privledged! :baiting:

That's nice, but go read the eBay terms and conditions listed for the Heritage stuff. Unless I'm on crack (totally within boundaries on this board) I remember reading that a bid of a tie will not go to the eBay bidder but the floor. :baiting:

If you must bid on a Heritage auction, stay far away from eBay. Heritage has addressed almost all technical issues with the live auction software. The auctioneer and the book were in lockstep. I heard the cheers from the crowd while my jaw dropped when I saw the Action 7 go for that tidy sum. I'd personally do a proxy bid on the live Heritage site and the phone for the backup. I was on the live site more or less for the entertainment value...

Oddly, at the live auction site, Heritage more or less came out and said that eBay bidders are paying extra during their intro "rules and conditions". Given eBay's customer service record I wouldn't trust it.

Bids properly offered, whether by floor bidder or other means of bidding, may on occasion be missed or go unrecognized; /quote]

I can see this happening in a fast-paced live auction, but Sharon's bid was electronic and made in advance. To miss it was either gross incompetence or something more sinister.

And again, for Ebay to just punt the whole issue is typical of their poor customer service.

I'm not entirely sure how Heritage handles the proxy bidding, but this might have been the scenario:

Floor bid = 2200; sky's proxy bid was higher so 2300

Floor bid = 2400; sky's proxy bid was higher so 2500

Floor bid = 2600; sky's proxy bid was not higher so the first to reach 2600 was the floor bid.

Agreed. I think this is exactly what happened. No smoke and mirrors, no Oliver Stone waiting in the wings to film the next big conspiracy in Dallas. Really, if there was some funny business going on... and this is to all of you... wouldn't Heritage have taken Sharon's bid over the phone/live bid because if they had the buyers premium would have been higher putting more money into their coffers.

When the auctioneer hears a bid amount he acknowledges the bidder (meaning they have people in place monitoring each avenue of bidding and many people on phones).

If anyone's to blame it's the person who was monitoring the proxy's on eBay and that she didn't speak up quick enough before the person monitoring Live or the Phones did.

It is no different then if two people sitting on the floor raised their paddles at the same time, the auctioneer has to decide which one he's taking first.

Then why did Ebay and Heritage show me as the high bidder? Remember, Heritage agreed when I called, that K****Y was the winner...until they realized that "k****Y" was me?

thanks for trying to figure it out though:) and I'm still going to dinner, lol:)

Their website says earlier bids will take presidence, mine was the earlier bid.

That`s pretty important evidence that is very favorable for you. My two recommendations:

1. Never, ever bid on Heritage auctions through eBay, especially now that you can bid live on Heritage.

2. Contact Zaid and have him take up this issue for you with Heritage. Given the statement above, there`s no reason for you to have to roll over on this. I doubt you`ll be able to get the book, but you might get some compensation or make-up benefits from Heritage.