• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I will never bid with HERITAGE again ,and why I think they are TABLESPOONS :

132 posts in this topic

I find it very difficult to have sympathy for anyone that deals with Heritage.....
I've been here long enough to know that if you look hard enough to find something wrong somewhere, someone will find it.969.gif

One doesn't need to look very hard to find something wrong with Heritage. If people want to swim with the sharks....they shouldn't complain when they get bitten.

I find it very difficult to have sympathy for anyone that deals with Heritage.....
I've been here long enough to know that if you look hard enough to find something wrong somewhere, someone will find it.969.gif

One doesn't need to look very hard to find something wrong with Heritage. If people want to swim with the sharks....they shouldn't complain when they get bitten.

I concur in this case of this seller (although I would've chose eaten instead of bitten), but I really think this is some type of glitch. To be honest, there's TOO many ways for people to bid on this stuff. I hope they ditch eBay at the least.

Picture1509-XMen01-resize.jpg

Picture1506-XMenGiant01-resize.jpg

now that we've know what you've done with them...

please don't ever try to sell these books here.

:o

:gossip: How quickly we forget. These books were listed on eBay and these were the pictures used. There was a thread about it. I snagged the pictures from the auction because they were so funny. I've never owned an X-Men 1 in my life.

There has been some very good information on here, some wonderful advice, some great thoughts from some very bright people on what actually happened, and I got some very nice emails...so thank you.

I want to just say I appreciate the time and thought each person put into it, and I understand what Szelim and Buffy are saying...as well as some of the comments on where I should bid.

First off, let me be clear, I had NO idea, I should be bidding on Heritage, until the bidding was closed. I had the page marked for a week on Ebay, and I really had no clue the fees were less on Heritage, or safer or that I even COULD bid there...or that there was any reason I should look there? I buy a lot on Ebay or at shows, but never looked at auction houses, till I bought something this week on Comic-Link (and I learned that from the thread in Gold) ...I saw the thread in gold the day I bid on the Sensation...On the day I placed the bid,, a friend told me that they had more auctions not listed on Ebay, so I had called Heritage and asked if they had books available that were not on Ebay and I was told no...I was also told that I should bid on Heritage, how to sign up, that it was cheaper...but that the bidding was closed on that site...so I had to bid on Ebay...

Apparently some people who bid in the 10's of thousands of $$ can bid later...but you need a history...

I absolutely adore comics, but... I understand, they are certainly not life or death issues and OK, lol..I AM an addict;) ...I posted here, because I genuinely believed and believe there was a problem, especially after I was told that my "masked id" showed as the high bidder when I called today...so, although much of the advice about floor bids, makes some sense to me...that didn't, and doesn't...

Someone suggested a computer glitch...and I the person I spoke to at Heritage today, mentioned the same thing...

Maybe that was the case..and maybe I will call...Monday again and ask...right now, I'm calm, not angry and I could...it takes a bit to get me angry...if I'm still calm Monday, lol...I'll call...

Life is not always fair...I know that...it doesn't take away from what I posted originally...and the Tablespoons...was suggested by a friend, I thought it was cute. I should have used the word incompetent or disorganized...that's how I felt...still do...and as of this minute...I still think life is just too short to waste my time bidding with them...

Things always look better after having dinner with some good friends, you realize that lots of other things are important in life:)

Thanks again:)

I just finished reading this entire post, and I heard about all the "fine print" being quoted regarding Hertiages' rules etc.

If this is their way I think they need to change any policy that even allows a tie to be a possiblity. If it is a floor bidder they need to announce a higher bid required to win the item. I've never heard of anyplace where you can bid on an item and tie a bidder and win the item.

The fact that they show Sharon as the winner of the auction and then retract that is also WRONG!!!!! I don't care what excuses or reasoning they use that is WRONG!!!!

I say NO TIES accepted, you must Outbid the high bidder or you don't win the item!!! I can see now why some would like to go to these auctions in person (not picking on you BUFFY) cause it's almost like highway robbery!!!

That's MY opinion and I'm sticking to it!!!

I've also stated a number of time that Heritage should state the ground rules and parameters of their auctions in clear, simple English (if that's even possible) right on their home page. This is the argument I've been making for years. The ground rules seem to be intentionally vague and labyrinthian and there's no excuse for that.

I started reading the first page of this thread and then see that there's over 5 pages (10 actually) so I haven't read it, am I'm sure it's been said about not bidding through eBay or you get an additional 22% charge. But here's my theory. If the bids the same, they probably would take the floor bidder because less chance of someone being a deadbeat bidder and they don't have to go through/pay the eBay commission for a book (even though it's included in the 22% Buyer's premium.) Though technically I think they are wrong and you bid clearly shows in the system so they cannot claim there was a glitch that shows it wasn't. I think legally you are the buyer of this book and I would wonder if you sent payment, that you wouldn't have grounds for a complaint with the BBB or the NY dept. of Consumer affairs.

From the Heritage Terms and Conditions:

14. The highest qualified Bidder recognized by the Auctioneer shall be the buyer. In the event of any

dispute between floor Bidders at a Signature Auction, Auctioneer may at his sole discretion reoffer

the lot. Auctioneer’s decision and declaration of the winning Bidder shall be final and binding

upon all Bidders. Bids properly offered, whether by floor bidder or other means of bidding, may on

occasion be missed or go unrecognized; in such cases, the Auctioneer may declare the recognized

bid accepted as the winning bid, regardless of whether a competing bid may have been higher.

Here is the entire TAC:

http://comics.ha.com/common/images/TermsAndConditions.pdf

I can assure everyone that this is not secret "tricky" language being used by Heritage but is in fact standard language for auctions.

It stinks that Sharon lost out on the book she has been looking to pick up for awhile but at the same time you guys shouldn't let "mob mentality" supercede logic.

There are no "chem-trails", Oswald acted alone, and there are no "Reptoids" :baiting:

This may be true but it smells.

10 hours warning of her bid should be enough.

Gawd, I bet it was a grail.... :eek:

If I "won" an FF 1 like this and found out the next day I had "lost" I'd be pizzed off, on, up, down, under, and over.

Well that seems to spell it out, but as I've learned in life not everything in writing is set in stone. You know that when you go have your car valet parked and they hand you a ticket stub and on the back it states they are not responsible for theft or damages to your car. Well, a friend of mine had this ski racks stolen while parked by the valet at a parking lot and simply went to small claims and won. And as an attorney that I worked for once told me, they can put anything they want on the back but it doesn't mean mess. Just by taking it doesn't mean you agree to it or that it's a legally binding contract, you haven't signed anything.

Also of note, even if you did sign something, if it's not legal then the contract is null in void in full unless there is a clause (forget the name) that states that if any part is found not valid then only that part of the contract is invalid. But this is just what I heard and read, make sure to find out for yourself what your state laws allow...