• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I will never bid with HERITAGE again ,and why I think they are TABLESPOONS :

132 posts in this topic

Sharon, that's really too bad -- you got a rotten deal, for certain! :mad:

Back in November I too had a found myself posing a similar issue:

I spotted a trio of Human Fly 9.8’s :cloud9: (all OW/W) via an "eBay Live" event, that were worth a peek, including 1 that would’ve been a nice upgrade for me. Certainly, I’m well aware of the 22.5% Buyers Premium (w/ a $9 minimum) per lot and had placed bids, especially on the one I truly was after, accordingly.

Their ‘live’ rules state that gallery bids are “… at the discretion of the Auctioneer”, etc., though you can only enter bids in even, $10 increments via eBay.

So, upon its conclusion I see that the final hammer-price is only $5 over my bid, not the $10 “minimum bid” amt? I’m fine w/ the idea that I lost as I placed a fair bid that w/ the $9BP that I was happy with for an OW/W example. Still, to me this was simply the fact that the Auctioneer was able to grind a gallery bidder for an additional ‘half’ bid, as he couldn’t get a full $10 bid amt. :blahblah:

Based on their ‘live rules’ I might expect that this kind of thing happens more often than not? Seeing that I was overbid by only $5 vs. the "house minimum" of $10?! Now that's Dirty Pool, I say... Dirty! :censored:

One thing I didn't understand on the Heritage Signature auctions until very recently is that whatever you bid is before Internet bidding ends BECOMES the effective bid prior to the auction even if the Internet bid is way less than your bid.

I agree with Red though...understanding their bidding process is like finding easter eggs...or eating from a box of chocolates...or opening your Christmas gifts...it shouldn't be a surprise.

I'd watch it folks:

strike.jpg

I'm not sure I understand that reference, Vince? I think CGC is honest...I have no problem with them, this to me, is a separate company.

I haven't seen any apologist pop up yet and that's a good sign. What happened to you is crummy and extremely unprofessional. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe there's a long, once only, legalese letter to come.

If Heritage's eBay monitor had entered Sharon's max bid from the git-go then the floor bidder would have done one of two things:

1) bid higher

2) backed off

But if they were to do that as a matter of policy some would be upset that they immediately jump to the eBay bidder's maximum bid amount.

It is very apparent that they need some way to determine which max amount was entered first so the auctioneer can make the correct call during the course of the auction.

In any event, we don't know who the floor bidder was.

But we can be assured that the the book didn't go to the nicest bidder!

One thing I didn't understand on the Heritage Signature auctions until very recently is that whatever you bid is before Internet bidding ends BECOMES the effective bid prior to the auction even if the Internet bid is way less than your bid.

Hulk's head hurts. :(

So, I called...and now I'm sorry I bothered. there was no apology.

I spoke to Ed Jaster, and another person he had call me back, who was "more familiar with the process"

Both said, that they do NOT recommend bidding on Ebay. Ed said that they only list on there for advertising. The 2nd person said they use Ebay as a convenience, because many of their customers are old fashioned and refuse to change and bid on Heritage directly.

Both said that in the case of a bid on Ebay or a bid through Heritage, that a tie would always be awarded to the Heritage bidder. EVEN if the bid on Ebay was made a week before.

What I found even more strange, was the opinion that I was NOT a Heritage Customer , because I bid through Ebay, even though it said Heritage on the bid page when I bid...(I guess they missed the bids I made ON Heritage Thursday night, that will not happen again)

So, the answer was, there was no mistake, it was not a "floor bidder who won, but someone bidding on Heritage Live, they ignored the Ebay bid.

In any case, life goes on, I wash my hands of it...It will still be interesting to know if that book shows up someplace else...I am mildly curious, and if someone does see it for sale, I'd love to know...

Thanks again, for all the support, (worship) I'm SURE I'll find something else to buy...;) Just wanted to post the conclusion.