• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,936 posts in this topic

Nice books,  I have one of those with a ton of sigs and the DC heroes against hunger.  Takes care of my need for multiple signed bronze/copper books.

Last week had my very first direct submission returned (that I sent in myself), this week has my actual first ever submission of my own comics.  This took longer to return due to the pressing, and going through my LCS.

So I was excited for these books, as the LCS had a free Mike Choi signing on Free Comic Book Day...and it was basically my very first time meeting an artist, going to a FCBD, and my first real submission, etc.   My Target X had a small, non-color breaking dent on the cover, so I also decided to have them pressed through their service (I didn't have time beforehand to get it pressed locally or through somewhere else).  That turned out to be a mistake, as I feel that the book came back in worse condition than when I sent it in.

Now I know that it isn't a high value book, and I've read about others having things happen to much more valuable books, but I am a bit disappointed.  I like the cover and where the artist signed, but those staples are really...something.  They were nothing like that when I sent it in (I don't remember seeing any issue around the staples).  The graders notes don't mention the cover dent (so I guess that came out), and only mention "Moderate staple recessed bottom of spine" and "spine stress lines".

On a happier note, I do like how the Punisher came back (especially since I'm a Spurs fan).  Anyone know how I can get Tim Duncan's autograph on there too?  :grin:

punisher.thumb.jpg.86e429dd76bbdce435d9bfe4032c7f84.jpgtargetx1.thumb.jpg.dffc62e07a7fdcb3834ed0ec4524fb4c.jpgtargetx3.thumb.jpg.1d18971a77ac6c111004657a211af216.jpgtargetx2.thumb.jpg.9aee321836343ad466b6abb62c17ee9f.jpgtargetx4.thumb.jpg.d6ce39daede5318a649100052c1100cd.jpg

LCS owner shared with me...old blue label graded 8.5 ASM 129 went to CCS on a CPR and came back a 9.8. This was mildly offset by another old label book getting cracked and then rejected for CPR due to fear of staple pop and now reholdered without that old label vintage, but again, only mildly offset.

12 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Since joining this community, this was the first key I bought a year ago.  I had it signed by Stan and then a few months later sent it back out to be signed by Joe Sinnott.  I think I now know what parents must feel when they send their children off to summer camps.  There's the sad good bye.  The nervousness of not being around and wondering if they're doing okay.  And then the elation when they return to you and you see they're in one piece.  I mean, I think that pretty much sums up how I felt not having this book in my possession and then receiving the shipping and receiving notification that I had a package waiting for me.  But don't worry SS...I'll never leave you again.  :x

IMG_0245.thumb.JPG.a64099c6cf7a41fe63f6ecf5a2541c34.JPG

The silver sigs are a perfect fit!