• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,938 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2018 at 3:14 PM, wolverine180 said:

Anyone know why this shows as 1st unknown solder?  Because his first is in our army at war 168 from 1966? Beautiful book btw. 

I believe this was his first solo appearance.  You might check the war comics thread in the silver age section to ask this.  (thumbsu

1 minute ago, batmiesta said:

This is actually a Sucha news copy, I enclosed the old

label but CGC chose to ignore it. 

DSC00928_zpsnuwb4ahk.jpg#

Wow! Terrific copy of a tough issue of Thor to find in high grade! (thumbsu

I would definitely ask them to fix that label foul-up tho...

8 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

Thanks BA, I live in the UK, so it would be more trouble than it is worth.

If CGC forgot to note it on the label they should pay for the shipping both ways AND the cost of reholdering! Regardless, great comic! :cloud9:

No! I bought the book from fellow board member Siver Surfer, he had cracked it out, but it still had the label, I really don't give a monkey's anyway, it's not as if I am going to sell it or anything, it just means a book is lost from that pedigree.

Another board member said I should contact CGC and explain the situation and that they should sort it out, so I emailed them at the weekend and this is what they said.

Edited by batmiesta

58 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

No! I bought the book from fellow board member Siver Surfer, he had cracked it out, but it still had the label, I really don't give a monkey's anyway, it's not as if I am going to sell it or anything, it just means a book is lost from that pedigree.

Another board member said I should contact CGC and explain the situation and that they should sort it out, so I emailed them at the weekend and this is what they said.

(shrug)