• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,936 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I too thought about getting some McFarlane sigs...

Yeah, he has a great looking sig and takes the time to sign them nicely.  I'm yet to see a rush job from him.

I was pretty happy with the books coming back, although I did only send in good copies (especially the Spawn's).  I was a little bummed about the ASM 299, but it definitely does have some spine wear, and the corner missing on the front and back.  Regardless I got most of these done to hang out in my house and that copy still shows really well.  I'll probably sell the dupes though, I just wanted good shots at getting a good result. :)

I might as well as go ahead and post this update:

New reholders back from CGC 

No Newton rings nor scratches...

But lol

The Spider-Man venom had a hair and was reholdered with no hair...

The Batman price Variant was to be reholdered due to cgc not putting it on the label... they agreed to do it and for free... did it through the LCS... they still didn't update the label.... Oye vay! :preach:

Last time I did reholders it took 2 weeks, this time 2 months... I'm not upset just disappointed....

Believe it or not I have a daredevil Canadian price variant mark jewelers that I'm sending in later this month, if they fail to notate all the special ones in that sub then I'll take those and try Brittany McManus and forego the LCS...:wishluck::tink:

20181218_200634.jpg

20181218_200720.jpg

On 12/18/2018 at 9:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I might as well as go ahead and post this update:

New reholders back from CGC 

No Newton rings nor scratches...

But lol

The Spider-Man venom had a hair and was reholdered with no hair...

The Batman price Variant was to be reholdered due to cgc not putting it on the label... they agreed to do it and for free... did it through the LCS... they still didn't update the label.... Oye vay! :preach:

Last time I did reholders it took 2 weeks, this time 2 months... I'm not upset just disappointed....

Believe it or not I have a daredevil Canadian price variant mark jewelers that I'm sending in later this month, if they fail to notate all the special ones in that sub then I'll take those and try Brittany McManus and forego the LCS...:wishluck::tink:

20181218_200634.jpg

20181218_200720.jpg

Typically the more information that's on the label as in signature books for example the longer it takes for reholders. That's my experience.

I've submitted regular blue labels that came back in a bit over a week & yellow labels that took ~5 or 6 weeks. I'd imagine special price variant notations would delay your books Antium. I'd probably include a note along with the submissions just to be sure they don't forget the notation

Ok, so I finally got some comics graded (two sets so far), but I haven't posted any of my comics I've received yet! So First, I will start with the first ever comics I got graded by CGC! I was new to comics and grading, and really just chose some comics I liked to get graded. Don't judge but here they are! I don't plan on selling any of these, but I'm not sure of the value, probably not much, but if anyone does know the values, any help would be greatly appreciated! (sorry if this isn't the place for that).

Also at the time of getting the Kingdom: Kid Flash #1 graded, it was the only CGC 9.8, and the only graded overall! Now I do see one other 9.8. 

P.S. Sorry for the quality, my scanner is no longer doing too good, and I am in need of a new one. If anyone has any suggestions of a great scanner, that can fit the full size graded comics in it, please let me know!

Identity Crisis #1 CGC 9.2.jpg

Identity Crisis #2 CGC 9.4.jpg

Identity Crisis #3 CGC 9.6.jpg

Identity Crisis #4 CGC 9.0.jpg

Identity Crisis #5 CGC 9.4.jpg

Identity Crisis #6 CGC 9.4.jpg

Identity Crisis #7 CGC 9.6.jpg

Kingdom Kid Flash #1 CGC 9.8.jpg

Spirt #1 1983 CGC 9.6.jpg

Super-Villain Team-Up #16 CGC 7.0.jpg

Tomb of Dracula #60 CGC 4.5.jpg

Tomb Of Dracula #61 CGC 6.0.jpg

Weird War Tales #111 CGC 9.0.jpg

Werewolf By Night #28 CGC 2.0.jpg

Werewolf By Nigt #27 CGC 2.0.jpg

Zero Hour Criris In Time #0 CGC 9.6.jpg

Edited by jfree580

Here is the second group of comics I've had graded! Pretty excited about these. 7

The Weapon H #1 was purchased, and the ASM #798 was purchased, the rest I sent in to CGC for grading.

I also had some paperwork that wasn't mine, that was attached to the order paperwork that I received with the comics. It was a COA for Daredevil #1, some sort of limited production version, that was limited to 7500 comics. If anyone has any information about this, please contact me. I will be getting in touch with CGC to get it back to it's rightful owner. 

ASM 50 DVD Variant CGC 9.0.jpg

ASM 300 DVD Variant CGC 9.2.jpg

ASM 300 DVD Variant CGC 9.4.jpg

Incredible Hulk 250 cgc 9.4.jpg

ASM #798 CGC 9.8.jpg

Weapon H #1 Variant Cover B CGC 9.8.jpg

Edited by jfree580

15 minutes ago, jfree580 said:

P.S. Sorry for the quality, my scanner is no longer doing too good, and I am in need of a new one. If anyone has any suggestions of a great scanner, that can fit the full size graded comics in it, please let me know!

16 minutes ago, jfree580 said:

Don't judge but here they are! I don't plan on selling any of these, but I'm not sure of the value, probably not much, but if anyone does know the values, any help would be greatly appreciated! (sorry if this isn't the place for that).

https://comics.gpanalysis.com/gpaforcomics_login.asp?eid=1&seg=3

3 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Ahh, thank God, just when I think I'm the only noob out there, I find a thread for all of us! Thank you for the help!

3 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Ahhh, I don't know why I didn't think of this. I was waiting to purchase a membership, but I guess I need to just go ahead and bit the bullet and do it. Thank you for this as well.