• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2018 at 12:04 AM, jfree580 said:

@BlowUpTheMoon If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference between gpanlysis and comic price guide? 

GPA is a price guide. It gives you a list of actual sales dating back to when CGC started grading comics in '99. Very easy just look up whatever title you're interested in looking up on the search engine. Those old price guide books are pretty much relics at this point with sites like GPA. These things can move fast with internet, eBay sales & all. If you're a serious collector GPA is essential.

Only negative is that you can't look up a specific title like "amazing Spider-man" or "incredible Hulk" instead they force you to search by just the character's name & look through a list of titles involving this character. This is a pain especially when searching Spiderman or X-Men. Hope that helps.

17 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Only negative is that you can't look up a specific title like "amazing Spider-man" or "incredible Hulk" instead they force you to search by just the character's name & look through a list of titles involving this character. This is a pain especially when searching Spiderman or X-Men. Hope that helps.

Well, it's more keyword searching, and you can make it find exact titles if you know exactly what they are and they don't overlap others.  In the two examples "amazing spider man, the" or "incredible hulk, the" will quickly find matches.  But, I don't disagree it's painful especially searching for batman or x-men (outside of "x-men, the").

2 minutes ago, Nemogollom said:

Well, it's more keyword searching, and you can make it find exact titles if you know exactly what they are and they don't overlap others.  In the two examples "amazing spider man, the" or "incredible hulk, the" will quickly find matches.  But, I don't disagree it's painful especially searching for batman or x-men (outside of "x-men, the").

Oh ok I gotcha! Typing "the" would norrow it down. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip

On 12/22/2018 at 11:43 PM, jfree580 said:

Ahh, thank God, just when I think I'm the only noob out there, I find a thread for all of us! Thank you for the help!

Ahhh, I don't know why I didn't think of this. I was waiting to purchase a membership, but I guess I need to just go ahead and bit the bullet and do it. Thank you for this as well.

Books worth less than a month's subscription,  might not be a good deal for you.

56 minutes ago, jfree580 said:

You’re saying my books are worth less than a months subscription? 

- If so, these are just a small portion of the comics I own. I have quite a bit of Raws at the house that are somewhat pricey. No 5k comics, but I do have quite a few higher valued ones that I haven’t sent out to be graded yet, but I do plan on sending them after the first. Regardless, I enjoy knowing what they are worth, even if they are worthless. It’s part of the fun in it for me, even if I don’t have a $5,000.00 comic.

It's only 11 bucks a month. Well worth it! I should note that if you're interested in looking up values of raw books then a traditional price guide is what you'll need. GPA is just for graded CGC slabs.

10 hours ago, jfree580 said:

You’re saying my books are worth less than a months subscription? 

- If so, these are just a small portion of the comics I own. I have quite a bit of Raws at the house that are somewhat pricey. No 5k comics, but I do have quite a few higher valued ones that I haven’t sent out to be graded yet, but I do plan on sending them after the first. Regardless, I enjoy knowing what they are worth, even if they are worthless. It’s part of the fun in it for me, even if I don’t have a $5,000.00 comic.

I think what Pirate is saying is you may want to post up some books in the Please Grade My Book section to get a better idea about the grades of books you will be subbing.  With grading fees being over $25 a piece when you factor in shipping then getting a lot of books back that really don't need to be encapsulated (unless for sentimental reasons) you will be throwing away a good chunk of money if you grade every book you own.  Getting a good idea of what grades you will get back is a process and takes time so keep at it.

23 minutes ago, deadleg said:

:applause:

Was Cadillacs and Dinosaurs a reprint of Xenozoic Tales or is it a separate series? 

The Epic Cadillacs and Dinosaurs series are color reprints of the Xenozoic Tales series with different covers...although they only reprinted #1-6 

On 12/24/2018 at 8:02 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Oh ok I gotcha! Typing "the" would norrow it down. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip

Also type in the year the title was first published.  For example Spider-man 1961 will only find Amazing Spider-man published beginning in 1961