• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Sorry slabbers! I thought I clicked the this week in your collection thread!

lol You could always choose options on your posts and choose "hide" them, it'll delete your posts, then post them in the correct thread :foryou: 

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol You could always choose options on your posts and choose "hide" them, it'll delete your posts, then post them in the correct thread :foryou: 

Thx, busy morning and I didn't think of it. doh! On the bright side, you dont get to see Superman spanking panels every day! :foryou:

Got a few back today. Didn’t really care what WW #76 came back at or SS #2, what I was nervous of was the X-men 40. I actually thought it was going to come back at less than that. I’m super happy. Obviously no crazy high grades, but I’m content. 

71AF1B8E-CC0A-4EBE-AB68-C248DE6BCFDF.jpeg

F0F5281D-E222-4931-9219-A658C26B592F.jpeg

49B7C925-B4FA-4788-BFDA-74D4C8E8C3EB.jpeg

Edited by jfree580

7 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

overall i cannot complain. all white pages, a couple of 9.6s. the qualified book was a real bummer, it says the bottom staple is detached. an otherwise nearly perfect book. 

another book which is not pictured came back 8.5. none of the graders notes are visible to me. does CGC ever make mistakes like this? the notes sound like they are from another book entirely. could that be possible?

cgc-surfer-haul.jpg

You made out out way better than me! Great submission, love seeing that! - The only mistake I have seen, is them sending me my submissions back with a COA that wasn't mine. I contacted them and sent it back, someone will want to keep that with their book. (It also had the invoice for the COA order thank goodness to get it back to the right owner). Now I do have a friend I work with that had a similar issue, but I can't remember the circumstances, or what the outcome was. I don't remember him being mad about it, so I assume it was a good outcome or the issue was fixed. Sorry I can't be of more help. Regardless very nice slabs! @www.alexgross.com

Edited by jfree580

heres the book that i don't get. looking at the book, it's a 9.4, right?well, they gave me an 8.5. i got another book back which is a 9.0 and clearly has much more spine stress.  

notes say: 

light bends to cover
light spine stress lines to cover
medium crease full bottom of back cover
medium crease left bottom of back cover
small, moderate bend left bottom of front cover

i know scanning is imperfect at this resolution, but i personally see NONE of these things. should i ask them to try again or crack it and resub as a raw book so they dont feel tempted to double down on a mistake?

surfer8_20190211_0001.jpg

surfer8-back_20190211_0001.jpg

2 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

heres the book that i don't get. looking at the book, it's a 9.4, right?well, they gave me an 8.5. i got another book back which is a 9.0 and clearly has much more spine stress.  

notes say: 

light bends to cover
light spine stress lines to cover
medium crease full bottom of back cover
medium crease left bottom of back cover
small, moderate bend left bottom of front cover

i know scanning is imperfect at this resolution, but i personally see NONE of these things. should i ask them to try again or crack it and resub as a raw book so they dont feel tempted to double down on a mistake?

surfer8_20190211_0001.jpg

surfer8-back_20190211_0001.jpg

The spine stress is no big deal. I do see some spine stress by the top staple but what's killing the grade (at least based on the notes) is the creasing on the back cover. The amount of stress I see would probably still be in the 9.4 range but those creases in the notes would take it way down.

38 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

The spine stress is no big deal. I do see some spine stress by the top staple but what's killing the grade (at least based on the notes) is the creasing on the back cover. The amount of stress I see would probably still be in the 9.4 range but those creases in the notes would take it way down.

i agree but there are no creases i can see at all!! what should i do?

1 minute ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i agree but there are no creases i can see at all!! what should i do?

You can send it in with a bite and ask for a review.  If they decide it could be incorrectly graded then they'll crack it and regrade it (charging you a reholder fee), otherwise send it back to you with comments.  Basically the grade shouldn't drop.  Another option is to send it into CCS for a press and then a grading after.

I've had success both ways, but I've only send in a review book for something that I couldn't see other than the artwork making it look line spine stress.