• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Those Ghost Riders are amazing:banana:

I know, right? That first print...I asked Mark if he would sign, and he says sure, so I hand him the books. He starts sketching, and I'm like "wow, cool! I didn't even ask him to!" And then when he was done he said "$5 each." And I'm like "shut up. I am NOT going to give you $5 each for those sketches!" (he did 5.) So I handed him more money, and he was like "Really? Here, gimme those books back!" and then he starts sketching full head sketches on the back!  I had to STOP him from doing those sketches on all of them (the Vampis and the GRs.) Two was MORE than enough. I was thrilled, he was thrilled, it was such a nice, organic experience from one of my top 10 fav living artists of all time.

It was the highlight of NYCC, and it was entirely unscripted. Just two people, trying to outgive each other, instead of adversaries, suspicious and contemptuous of the other.

:cloud9:

The Vampi and the GR both go in my "my heirs can deal with it" collection, along with my MCP #87 and NTT #39 and others.

1 hour ago, Dmac538 said:

A few more books back

Detective Annual # 1 - Copy.jpg

Batman # 433 - Copy.jpg

You're speaking my language!

Batman #433-435 is one of the best Batman stories ever, from "The Batman Renaissance" of 1986-1989. That's the two word issue, and is a master class on storytelling by Byrne and Aparo. Either that mini or Wolverine is likely the first time I was ever exposed to Byrne art. It was one of those "mystical" books that I just missed out on getting by a few months. By the time I started looking for Batman in earnest, it was $5. $5 in 1990 was a boatload for a comic that was 75c less than a year earlier. :D

Too bad Byrne won't sign. Sigh.

As far as the Tec Annual, are you looking to get the other two slabbed as well? (GA Ann #1 and Question Ann #1)?

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You're speaking my language!

Batman #433-435 is one of the best Batman stories ever, from "The Batman Renaissance" of 1986-1989. That's the two word issue, and is a master class on storytelling by Byrne and Aparo. Either that mini or Wolverine is likely the first time I was ever exposed to Byrne art. It was one of those "mystical" books that I just missed out on getting by a few months. By the time I started looking for Batman in earnest, it was $5. $5 in 1990 was a boatload for a comic that was 75c less than a year earlier. :D

Too bad Byrne won't sign. Sigh.

As far as the Tec Annual, are you looking to get the other two slabbed as well? (GA Ann #1 and Question Ann #1)?

Have Question # 1, never knew there was an Annual, might have the Green Arrow somewhere.