• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2019 at 2:59 PM, aszumilo said:

Just got droped off by the USPS a little while ago.  Happy on some of the grades, saddened by a couple, and surprised by one.

Was happy to get one of the Killing Jokes back in 9.8.  Needed that one for an upgrade to the registry set.

The ASM212 they hit hard on foxing

20190705_135954.thumb.jpg.593c48ea55417343b66de8eae7cc2f16.jpg

Detective Comics 880, a bit disappointed, but, I missed a corner bend that breaks color.  Really small one.

The Vengeance of Bane had a readers crease along the spine.  Was a late addition to the submission, so, while disappointed, not that upset

The Hulk I thought would come back at least a 9.4, possibly 9.6

20190705_140018.thumb.jpg.7e5fef8eeaf668c26849b3bf806cbd3b.jpg

DC Comics presents, bought it off the boards as a 9.6, so, a bit disappointed, especially after it being pressed by CCS

The Devil Dinosaur was a surprise.  Another last minute addition to the submission.  Was thinking 9.6 at best after press.

Invaders is what I thought, but, hoping for a bump to 9.6

20190705_140037.thumb.jpg.09d46e11047fe336d108f944b75534c2.jpg

Batman Mad Love I thought was going to lock in at 9.8.  Whoops, guess not.

The X-men 101 was hoping for a bump, as I had it at 8.5 before the press.

The other X-men 101 is a really nice looking 4.5, was hoping for around a 6/0/6.5 neighborhood

20190705_140100.thumb.jpg.ae5e988e5fb24245554452501074ff27.jpg

You may have missed ink rub/loss on that Mad Love. I used to drive myself crazy subbing that one and getting 9.2-9.4 on copies that looked like potential 9.8's until I started noticing that most of them had some ink issues. It's pretty common with that book. 

4 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

You may have missed ink rub/loss on that Mad Love. I used to drive myself crazy subbing that one and getting 9.2-9.4 on copies that looked like potential 9.8's until I started noticing that most of them had some ink issues. It's pretty common with that book. 

Thanks for the info.  I'll have to look at it a bit more closely.

Finally got my last piece of my most recent submission.  Was hoping for a slightly better grade, but can't complain too much.  This was a Heritage purchase that estimated it to be between a 8.0 and a 9.0.  I thought a pressing might bump it up a bit. 

Still happy, nonetheless.

4dix2heHyTPZc8aWTOaq7Sk6nyrSWN1TrouqWGQC 

1 hour ago, LordRahl said:

Great books Bob. Did you just hit a motherload of PF raw all at once or have you been amassing these slowly and just sent them in? Most of these are tough in those grades.

These were bought years ago and from multiple sources.  The Marvel picture frame westerns are very tough.

Edited by namisgr

6 hours ago, namisgr said:

WesternGunfighters7cgc.thumb.jpg.5b1dce68050f3a1e8ce778accd72f45e.jpg

Really,really like this one.Always a sucker for yellow covers,dig the original Ghost Rider,but something about the way the white 25 contrasts with the blue is just so pleasing to my eye and gives the cover extra oomph.Such a gem!

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

awesome @greggy congrats :) 

there are some remedies for newton rings in the last couple of pages in the newton ring thread :foryou: 

awesome selection ^^ 

Yeah but one of those remedies is a questionable air spraying idea that may introduce moisture inside the slab from the spray can. I'm not going near it! CGC gets a well deserved hammering in that thread!