• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

Probably of interest to relatively few here, but... nevertheless. Also, ugh, I'm a terrible photographer.

Charles Burns's Black Hole, #1-4 (the Kitchen Sink issues; the rest of the title is with Fantagraphics), first printings. Yeah, combo breaker on #3 there. But these have been harder to find in grade than would be expected. The thick cardstock covers with gloss printing are prone to all manner of surface scuffs and color breaks. Also, probably the majority of copies across the board have bindery chip issues because the printer used evidently didn't sharpen their blades enough to deal with the thickness of the cover. Many, many copies have had time, handling, and general quality turn those chips into more serious defects. In a lot of ways, these suffer from the same problems as the much better known (and rather a lot more valuable) Spider-Man 1 Platinum.

IMG_20200811_010521.jpg

12 hours ago, CyberSnake said:

I can't believe it! Someone wrote all over my comics. :grin:

My first two submissions 

GambitFront1.jpg

SinCityFront11.jpg

Nice books, were these pressed or just old school straight up submissions?

I sometimes wish this and the sketch thread was the selling forum.

49 minutes ago, bobotski said:

Nice books, were these pressed or just old school straight up submissions?

I sometimes wish this and the sketch thread was the selling forum.

Thanks! Yes both pressed. I read they could get mishandled when signing happens, so I figured why not. The Uncanny X-men was raw from the collection my Dad gave me. Sin city I bought raw(wish I sent in my Batman 404 instead). The cleaning/pressing was phenomenal. I'm still new to grading, and I was hoping uncanny X-Men would be at least 7.5-8.0. Doesn't even look like they copy i sent.