• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,936 posts in this topic

No doubt. i'm starting to lose faith. I think i'll wait awhile before I submit any books. (shrug)

I wouldn't wait b/c of this poorly graded example. You are fine. This isn't the NORM, but it is an increasing trend I'm seeing with the grading. Some folks at CGC have already contacted me about the book so imo they will see what happened here. It wasn't my intent to "out" CGC's grading...I just wanted confirmation that I haven't lost my grading abilities entirely. I'm glad they are looking into it regardless.

BTW, if someone has a 9.6 copy of this book, I'm here... :foryou:

Sterling

I think Streling stole my bump :o
:roflmao:

I wish. That WH 47 debacle you saw is an auction currently taking place with SNE. I just wanted to do a sanity check that CGC's recent loose grading standards have officially escaped any reasoning. That's more than a bump...it's a SUPER bump.

Holy krap!!

submitted books at wonder con and i got them back last week. so, i'd say pretty good

When was WonderCon?

February 22-24, 2008. Google is my friend.

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

I think Streling stole my bump :o
:roflmao:

I wish. That WH 47 debacle you saw is an auction currently taking place with SNE. I just wanted to do a sanity check that CGC's recent "loose" grading standards have officially escaped any reasoning.

This One??

please splain to me, I'm a little slow

:P

wow- that's really bad. a one grade differential in opinion is one thing- that book doesn't look to be better than an 8.0