• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

34198150841_ca80f470f1_b.jpg

Very Nice copy!!:cloud9:--ALL posted are Great books Ghost Town!! Congratulations! :applause:

Edited by nepatkm
I miss the preview your post function. :(

On 2017-04-29 at 6:24 PM, nepatkm said:

Very Nice copy!!:cloud9:--ALL posted are Great books Ghost Town!! Congratulations! :applause:

It's the first button at the top left of the reply box, beside the 'B' for bolding text.  It looks like a magnafying glass on a page.

10 hours ago, Hado said:

It's the first button at the top left of the reply box, beside the 'B' for bolding text.  It looks like a magnafying glass on a page.

Great!! I never knew what that was. Thanks Hado :headbang:

4 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Great!! I never knew what that was. Thanks Hado :headbang:

We're slowly figuring this s-show out lol

I asked the same question and got help, so it's always good to pass it along :grin: 

Just now, 1Cool said:

Nice books!  Scanner settings may need to be tweaked a bit:baiting:

thanks...trying a few things but no luck yet. changd DPI but too big....any ideas welcome (other than a new scanner)

Just now, g-man said:

thanks...trying a few things but no luck yet. changd DPI but too big....any ideas welcome (other than a new scanner)

What scanner is it?  I think new scanners have that issue which is why most of us use older HP legal sized scanners.

8 minutes ago, g-man said:

HPJ6480

There is a thread dedicated to scanner questions that you may want to search for.  It was very comprehensive in terms of why certain scanners are better for slabs. 

On 5/1/2017 at 2:25 PM, g-man said:

Unfortunately, that scanner has CIS scanning technology which is not good for scanning slabs.  It cannot scan to the needed depth so images are blurred.  Most all new scanners and multifunction machines have CIS as it is cheaper.

Specs: https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-officejet-j6480-series/specs/

You need a scanner that has CCD technology which is usually older equipment although manufacturers are still making units with this technology.

I just got an Epson GT-15000 and it is fantastic.  Ebay used for about $300.

Sorry.  Good luck!