• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

Just got shipping confirmation on my first-ever submission.   I still have my value sub that I'm waiting on, but got my modern ones here.  For my first time I think I'm ok with these. Maybe even a bit relieved. lol  I've read so many horror stories!

Any good grades I credit to the folks here who have helped hone my eye through the PGM forum and just general advice.  So thanks.  Anyway... so for my first time... not too too bad, right?

Amazing Spider-Man #194  - 9.4
DC Super-Stars #17 - 8.5
Flash #324 - 9.0
Howard the Duck #1 - 8.5
Invincible Iron Man #7 - 9.8
Iron Man #100 - 9.4
Iron Man #118 - 9.4
Punisher #1 (1987) - 9.6
Secret Wars #8 - 9.4
Spider-Man Special Edition (The Unicef book with Venom) - 9.4

I do expect my value submisisons to be a lot worse, but at least most of these were kind of where I thought... probably the Flash book was the one that I thought was going to be a lot higher. I really wiffed on that one.

8 minutes ago, fmaz said:

Just got shipping confirmation on my first-ever submission.   I still have my value sub that I'm waiting on, but got my modern ones here.  For my first time I think I'm ok with these. Maybe even a bit relieved. lol  I've read so many horror stories!

Any good grades I credit to the folks here who have helped hone my eye through the PGM forum and just general advice.  So thanks.  Anyway... so for my first time... not too too bad, right?

Amazing Spider-Man #194  - 9.4
DC Super-Stars #17 - 8.5
Flash #324 - 9.0
Howard the Duck #1 - 8.5
Invincible Iron Man #7 - 9.8
Iron Man #100 - 9.4
Iron Man #118 - 9.4
Punisher #1 (1987) - 9.6
Secret Wars #8 - 9.4
Spider-Man Special Edition (The Unicef book with Venom) - 9.4

I do expect my value submisisons to be a lot worse, but at least most of these were kind of where I thought... probably the Flash book was the one that I thought was going to be a lot higher. I really wiffed on that one.

Did you have these pressed?

Just now, fmaz said:

Nope, but I did put them under my matress with string tied around them for a few weeks like an old baseball glove.

(I kid, I kid). 

I was just wondering because anytime I think I book should of been higher and wasn't it is because I skipped the press.  Especially when my pre screen are rejected. Yup didn't press that one.

9 minutes ago, slg343 said:

I was just wondering because anytime I think I book should of been higher and wasn't it is because I skipped the press.  Especially when my pre screen are rejected. Yup didn't press that one.

That's a great point, but I think pressing was an additional step I wasn't ready to try yet. This was my attempt at crawling.  lol

I was mostly concerned that I could properly identify what I thought was a book with a shot at a 9.4-9.6.  I had hoped the IM #7 and the Punisher were 9.8 candidates, but the other ones it was just that I thought that maybe they'd be 9.6 and they got 9.4.  On the Flash, though, I had thought that book was a 9.4-9.6 type book. One of the grader notes was "light bends to cover" so your pressing note is certainly valid I'm sure.

4 hours ago, fmaz said:

That's a great point, but I think pressing was an additional step I wasn't ready to try yet. This was my attempt at crawling.  lol

I was mostly concerned that I could properly identify what I thought was a book with a shot at a 9.4-9.6.  I had hoped the IM #7 and the Punisher were 9.8 candidates, but the other ones it was just that I thought that maybe they'd be 9.6 and they got 9.4.  On the Flash, though, I had thought that book was a 9.4-9.6 type book. One of the grader notes was "light bends to cover" so your pressing note is certainly valid I'm sure.

Nothing makes me more made at myself then when I send in a book and get a 9.6 and I didn't press lol.  I know that book would of been 9.8.  I have batman 1 new 52 and dark reign the list bullseye on their way both 9.6 and both I skipped pressing.

2 hours ago, slg343 said:

Nothing makes me more made at myself then when I send in a book and get a 9.6 and I didn't press lol.  I know that book would of been 9.8.  I have batman 1 new 52 and dark reign the list bullseye on their way both 9.6 and both I skipped pressing.

I hear you... and maybe I'll get to that point.  But my secret fear was that I'd have fingers crossed that I'd get a 9.4-9.6 on some of these books and they'd come back as a 7.0 with the grader note being "missing the middle 8 pages. please collect urine sample from submitter for drug testing."  :)

Pic 1: Some Dr. Aphra first app and first series. Those 9.4 and 9.0 defects are all pressable, so might get them signed by another and pressed. Loved that princess leia cover too by Maleev. 

Pic 2: Huge fan of Seven to Eternity series and its my favorite of the past year or two. Love Opena art and covers. I haven't read Deadly Class and just start reading Black Science recently.

Pic 3: Im liking Redneck by Cates as well. Being from Texas, I can relate. Been to a lot of small towns like that and it portrays it more honestly than most books, tv or movies. Looking forward to more.

Pic 4: Ive been collecting a lot of X-23 books. These are more. I believe these are pressable too (at least vampire cover and X-men 25 is). Planning to get Bendis on 25 and press. Possibly Craig Kyle on Wolverines.

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

IMG_4274.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG