• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,936 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Two books - I have to send one back because CGC didn't say anything about Richard Comely's signature on the label. :(:(:(
Its also interesting to see how little information is added onto the labels for these books.
Notice the books themselves have credit names on the front of "Andrasofszky, Charlampi, Brisson, To" but the label only says Kalman Andrasofszky.

Captain Canuck #1 CGC SS Jim Mahfood

Scan-170808-0003.thumb.jpg.898182ddf12a358868f25e2f0f340a33.jpg

Captain Canuck #0 by Peter Bagge (needs to be returned to CGC :( )

Scan-170808-0002.thumb.jpg.734f162de6f6c5f57d817192805a3b78.jpg

Those are so freaking cool! how much did the commisons set you back?

18 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

Those are so freaking cool! how much did the commisons set you back?

$150 USD for Mahfood.

Peter Bagge said to pay whatever I wanted and he would do a sketch of that quality. He showed me a $100 commission he had just finished. I think I gave him $40 or $60 CDN.

7 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

im new to collecting and ive noticed alot of people get more then one of the same comic graded, is there a reason people do this?

Increase your chances of getting 9.8

15 hours ago, JcomicJ said:

im new to collecting and ive noticed alot of people get more then one of the same comic graded, is there a reason people do this?

Mostly for resale.  If you have 10 9.8 contenders of a hot book you sub all ten of those puppies.

6 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

I really hoped the #1 was a 9.8, but happy with the #2 

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

That's still really good the way I look at 9.8 is default 100 and 9.6 is considered 95.how long did you wait for them to arrive?