• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

Well, my week with cgc just went to hell. CCS just alerted me that the All-American 89 I re_submitted for press and regrade, to address some minor creasing on the front cover...has instead been given a fresh new spine split. Guess my hope of increasing from 7.0 is ashes. I am so pissed right now.

1 hour ago, Sackolantern said:

Well, my week with cgc just went to hell. CCS just alerted me that the All-American 89 I re_submitted for press and regrade, to address some minor creasing on the front cover...has instead been given a fresh new spine split. Guess my hope of increasing from 7.0 is ashes. I am so pissed right now.

Sorry to hear this. Just curious if you are pissed at CCS, pissed at yourself(bad decision), or just overall pissed.  I'm glad to hear they at least called you first rather than just going ahead and grading it. Your experience shows pressing, especially GA books, is not without it's dangers. I wonder if special care is taken on GA books or they are simply merged in with the moderns. In your case, maybe just a light spot press, rather than a full blown press, would have been more appropriate. I think Matt Nelson is the best in the business but I doubt if he works on many books himself.  

20 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I wonder how many offers Greggy gets for his books after posting all these gems.

:bigsmile:  I think I actually did contact him once about a posted book and the books go straight to Comiclink = he told me to bid on it in the next auction !   

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

:bigsmile:  I think I actually did contact him once about a posted book and the books go straight to Comiclink = he told me to bid on it in the next auction !   

it's all about timing now.

If you catch me at the right time and give me a reasonable offer, I'll consider it.

Otherwise, they can suck it

5 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

Did CCS offer to do anything about it?