• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

Has CGC stopped giving grading notes on Value submissions.  I got back 23 books last week and none of them had grading notes.  A bunch of the books are in the 4.0 - 6.0 range so I can't imagine all defects are evident.  Anyone else not getting notes on Value submissions?

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Has CGC stopped giving grading notes on Value submissions.  I got back 23 books last week and none of them had grading notes.  A bunch of the books are in the 4.0 - 6.0 range so I can't imagine all defects are evident.  Anyone else not getting notes on Value submissions?

I think the better question is how do you not have notes on any book, period?  From CGC's own grading process page on the main site:

"The book’s pages are then counted and any peculiarities or flaws that may affect a book’s grade are entered into the computer. Some examples of this would be “a tear on third page,” “a corner crease – does not break color,” “a ¼” inch spine split,” and so forth. When the grader examines the comic, he is not able to see a previously assigned grade, so as to not influence his own evaluation. After determining his own grade for the comic, he can then view the Grader Notes entered by a previous grader, and he may add to this commentary if he believes more remarks are in order.

Another restoration check is performed before assigning a grade. If all grades are in agreement or are very close, the book will be assigned a final grade.  If there is disagreement among the graders, there will be a discussion with other graders until a final determination is made."

HTF does this entire process result in ZERO grading notes???????????

Does anyone even collect these Disney movie comics?

I hope disney does remakes of both of them.

I had both of these pegged as 9.8s :S......... I'm still satisfied.

The Blackbeard's Ghost turned out to be the single highest graded on the census.  woohoo

P1140382.JPG

P1140383.JPG

Edited by gadzukes

44 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Ha ha .. maybe two other guys and you Gadzooks collect those movie Gold Key books .... they are cool though (thumbsu

I never said I collect them.  I don't.

The two I just slabbed just happened to be in a small collection I bought.  I'm actually not sure if I should just sell them now or hold them and wait for Disney to make new movies of them.

Also, I really don't know how to value them because there aren't a lot of comps.