• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,936 posts in this topic

Just got these back recently...sent them in not because of the movie hype, but because I've always had a fondness for the title, and these have been on my mental list of books to send in for a while. Pretty sure I picked them both out of dollar boxes--sadly, the days of finding it there are likely gone, heh. Wish I'd grabbed more of them when I had the chance, now...

IMG_1061.thumb.jpg.27df0d3fa05470b869fbf1ff1585ff39.jpg

IMG_1063.thumb.jpg.13041169e8303bb073cbb795ef1b97cc.jpg

I was a bit surprised by the spread. I knew one copy was better than the other, but I didn't see them as being that far apart. (I was also hoping the 9.2 would inch a little higher.)

Oh well. Guess if I had a better eye for it, I'd still be in the March Madness :bigsmile:

16 hours ago, Cocomonkey said:

Just got these back recently...sent them in not because of the movie hype, but because I've always had a fondness for the title, and these have been on my mental list of books to send in for a while. Pretty sure I picked them both out of dollar boxes--sadly, the days of finding it there are likely gone, heh. Wish I'd grabbed more of them when I had the chance, now...

I was a bit surprised by the spread. I knew one copy was better than the other, but I didn't see them as being that far apart. (I was also hoping the 9.2 would inch a little higher.)

Oh well. Guess if I had a better eye for it, I'd still be in the March Madness :bigsmile:

You might need glasses.  If you wear glasses, then a stronger lens might be required.

21 minutes ago, Pirate said:

You might need glasses.  If you wear glasses, then a stronger lens might be required.

That, or he is legally blind and no glasses are going to help. Time to start learning Braille  B|

On 3/15/2018 at 2:35 PM, Cocomonkey said:

What did the notes say ? If you submitted the books, you should get the notes for free.

10 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

What did the notes say ? If you submitted the books, you should get the notes for free.

I submit through my LCS generally, would that still get me notes? Or at that point, would I need to pay for them?

3 hours ago, Cocomonkey said:

I submit through my LCS generally, would that still get me notes? Or at that point, would I need to pay for them?

I believe your LCS would have access to the notes, for free. Only the submitter gets free notes. Since you are not the submitter, you would have to pay. Contact your LCS and ask them for the notes.  

1 hour ago, Drew Stair said:

I've not seen this before and now must have it! Beautiful book!

I agree. A couple years ago I saw a raw copy at a convention and bought it. Never saw it before that.  I don't know why it flies under the radar, it should be a classic cover.