• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,942 posts in this topic

This one looks really nice, and I can't see why it's not a 9.8.  I'm sure it's something obvious, and I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, but I think I might send it back for a review submission.  The other ones I could find something that might have made it miss, but I'm personally dumbfounded on this one.  I do wish they'd add notes even if it's "obvious".  I can't think of any other industry where you pay someone to grade/rate/judge something and they don't give you back some reason with the grade.

IMG_0519.jpg

56 minutes ago, Nemogollom said:

This one looks really nice, and I can't see why it's not a 9.8.  I'm sure it's something obvious, and I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, but I think I might send it back for a review submission.  The other ones I could find something that might have made it miss, but I'm personally dumbfounded on this one.  I do wish they'd add notes even if it's "obvious".  I can't think of any other industry where you pay someone to grade/rate/judge something and they don't give you back some reason with the grade.

IMG_0519.jpg

I may be wrong but that upper right corner looks rounded, not sharp.

18 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I may be wrong but that upper right corner looks rounded, not sharp.

Yeah, the photo does make it look that way, but the book is crisp and it's a shadow and an offset inside page.  The book was pressed before grading, and the pages are just showing about 1mm on the side.  Does that affect grading?  I have other similar 9.8's that have the same effect. :p

1 minute ago, MGsimba77 said:

@greggy I was waiting for this one! I could have sworn it was a 9.6 or a 9.8 from the raw scan. Was this your only one or did you have more copies? Congrats on the DD 131! 

imageproxy (1).jpeg

Only one.  Pretty well only book I was disappointed in with respect to the grade.