• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

And the second post of what I just got in, and a few comments.....

Marvila la Mujer Maravilla #21

Al Capp's Dogpatch Comics #2

Flash Gordon #2 - from the UK

Superman und Batman #17 - German version of 1st Batgirl

Okay, so maybe weird comments.

The Batgirl I submitted was published by "Ehapa" and CGC clearly prints that on the labels. Now the two WWs came back with "DC" as the publisher, but they have a "EN" in the corner of the book. I actually don't even remember them listing "DC" anywhere inside the books at all. And they actually misspelled "Spanish" on the labels of each.

Also the name CGC used for the label of the Batgirl is "Superman", but the comic is actually "Superman und Batman". So that's a tiny bit odd.

Then what was off was the "Flash Gordon" comic. They printed "no date" on the label, but I clearly remember seeing the date on the inside of the book in Roman numerals and it being from the 1950s.

Is this a common occurrence?

CGC does not have procedures in place to properly identify foreign comic books, and does not care enough to try harder. I'm sorry you've had this experience.

CGC does not have procedures in place to properly identify foreign comic books, and does not care enough to try harder. I'm sorry you've had this experience.

hm Who would have these procedures in place? :baiting:

CGC could very easily and it would be very beneficial for them and their customers. It's not that hard to Google these books as they come through the door. As the OP stated, the fact that they can't tell that these aren't from the original American publisher is pretty odd.

I Heart The New New Cases :cloud9: I just got this back in the new holder with the inner well. Big Improvement :grin:(shrug)

:jokealert:

Now THAT is one gorgeous frigging book! Congrats! :applause:(worship)